Trumpeter German navy destroyer Z30

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob matety you say hms exerter arrives today wow how many shippy kits have you now ? a whole navy i should think
chrisb
Hi Chris, yes doctor I have a addiction lol. Yep I have a good few floaty boats.

I have a building plan with the next one ready and waiting. Honest guv. Should be building more and posting but of course my mum comes first.

Might be fighting back Bob, but she’s looking pretty good from here. Moulding boxes out of that many parts does seem a little weird though.
Thanks Tim. I assume pre slide moulds. Took ages to clean up the parts, then try to get them correct then glue. Fiddly.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon tiny bit more done, calming down a bit now after mum. So Julie told me to glue some plastic together!

Added the prop shafts and support brackets. Needed some filler.

Resisted the urge to fit both rudders until just before painting. Knocked the last one of Fletcher as it was fitted early. Seems I am finally learning by past mistakes!20240412_160809.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob matey great to see you also back at the bench after your poor mum incedent so keep at it an get better an cheer up an can we have a full size pic of your ship there
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good to see you back at the bench Bob. Will try to email later!

ATB

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
HI Bob matey great to see you also back at the bench after your poor mum incedent so keep at it an get better an cheer up an can we have a full size pic of your ship there
chrisb
Thanks Chris, we are seeing the undertaker on Monday. Not looking forward to that, but got to be done obviously

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Glad you feel able to go back to the bench. I'm sure it is the right thing to do.
You're making steady progress and she's starting to look the part. Older kits almost always require a lot of extra work but the effort it worth it.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good to see you again.
That marking for the boot topping is a bit over the top lol.
Thanks Ian, thought it was for the crew to stand on to paint the hull lol
Great to see you cracking Z30 Bob, she is looking really good.
Appreciated ta very much!

Glad you feel able to go back to the bench. I'm sure it is the right thing to do.
You're making steady progress and she's starting to look the part. Older kits almost always require a lot of extra work but the effort it worth it.
Hi Jim many thanks. Agree the difference between this and the latest kit is huge, thanks to slide moulds