Tworrs 1/72 Lancaster B.III

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
First the sprue shot.
Progress thus far, the office is complete and installed.
Here I am gluing the sticky outy bits together.
I am a bit disappointed at some of the fit, even the dry fit was not great, but I will overcome that.
I'll try to remember to take pics as I go :smiling2:
IMG_1339.jpeg
IMG_1340.jpeg
IMG_1341.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Garry

Where have you found the worst of the fit problems? I have a non-Dambuster version in the stash.

Thx.

Andrew

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Garry

Where have you found the worst of the fit problems? I have a non-Dambuster version in the stash.

Thx.

Andrew
Getting the fuselage together around the interior floor, as it seems the floor is very slightly oversize.
Also the 2 wing spars that protrude from the fuselage to which the wings are fitted splay a little when the wheel housings are added, I dry fitted and messed around with this section for some time before managing to force fit them.
That is all so far.
You've got to love a Lanc.and a Dambuster Lanc. even better. Hope the fit issues are not to awkward to sort out. At 1/72 it will be a big model.
Not to worry I will make the little b*gger bend to my will. Haha I need bigger models these days so I can see what I'm doing :smiling2:

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Garry she lookin good an you say you also have fit probs seems to me they earnt makin the kit good nowadays like my tomcat fit problems as so far ive had a lot an glad you wernt hurt by them hailstones that size an did you have your car in a garage ?

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry she lookin good an you say you also have fit probs seems to me they earnt makin the kit good nowadays like my tomcat fit problems as so far ive had a lot an glad you wernt hurt by them hailstones that size an did you have your car in a garage ?
Thanks Chris yes the fit has been a bit frustrating, but I'm making it work.
Yes, fortunately my car was in the garage and SWMBO's car was in the carport.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Brilliant sunny day today, even though it was -2C this morning.
Todays progress.
The undercarriage is in, and what a mission that was, talk about fiddly, however I persevered and here is the result with which I am quite pleased.
IMG_1349.jpeg

Then installed the horizontal and vertical stabilisers to the rear of the fuselage.

IMG_1348.jpeg

That's all for today.
Thanks for all your encouraging comments.
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Garry yes that undercart does look quite a challenge an it would put me off building it i think but you have managed it very well done sir loveley bit of modelin

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Great work Gary.
Thank you Steve, much appreciated.

HI Garry yes that undercart does look quite a challenge an it would put me off building it i think but you have managed it very well done sir loveley bit of modelin
Kind of you to say Chris, thanks. It was a challenge, but not an insurmountable one. :smiling2:
Cheers
Garry

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Ok, so I've made some progress on the Lanc, it has been relatively easy with not too many gaps, which will be filled before painting.
Some slight fit issues, but those are part of the fun of modelling.

Front gunner and bomb aimers positions are in place
IMG_1356.jpeg
Tail gunners office has been built and installed loosely.
IMG_1357.jpeg

Till next time, thanks for staying tuned
Garry