UH-60 BLACKHAWK Diorama Ideas

D

Derek S

Hello Everyone,

I'm new at this website and so far I like it. Anyway I'm new at this hobby and I'm enjoying it so far. I just finished a UH-60 Blackhawk and i want to do a diorama. Please if you have any ideas please tell me. The helicopter is a olive green national guard version but I havent put any decals so I can play with the ideas a little. Any thoughts?

Thanks

J

John Huggins

Hi D/Hobbies, first do u got a name !! or nick name, Darlington Hobbies is a bit of a mouthfull.

Ok with that sorted what scale are we talking, some pic's would help.

Till then

John

D

dubster72

How about a fairly obvious one, in Somalia a la Blackhawk Down? Or, taking a wild leap, have it set in China as part of a combined US/Russian taskforce against Chinese aggression? Who's been reading Tom Clancy recently! ;)

Patrick

G

Greg147

It depends how realistic you're trying to go for I suppose. There are a fair few varients of the Blackhawk that differ quite a bit in appearance. Like Patrick suggested, Somalia is a nice idea with quite a few possibilites, but those deployed by the 160th SOAR were MH-60s, rather than UH-60s. Depends if details like that bother you or not ;)

Do you want to do a combat scene, or something peaceful? Have it in flight, or sitting on an airbase? You could try looking at some pictures online to gain inspiration if that would help.

D

Derek S

Well thanks everyone I think its going to be a Somilan idea. I will post pics soon.

D

Derek S

haha well Darlington Hobbies is my dads hobby shop so thats why I picked it hahah. Anyway its 1/48th scale and I'm going to post pics soon.

-Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum.

Might I suggest a user name that is not an advert for your dads shop?

Otherwise we might all start calling you Darling.....

Nice Chopper darling...... Se it sounds just sooooo wronge.

Ian M

G

Greg147

\ said:
Otherwise we might all start calling you Darling.....
"Honestly Darling, you really are the most graceless, dimwitted bumpkin I ever met..." :D

Sorry, couldn't resist... ;)

I'm curious about you removing one of the blades though. Do you intent to fix the chopper to the base on its side? Just trying to get an image of what you've got in mind. ;)

Last edited:
B

Buttonman

Nice Helli mate, Hang it from your bedroom ceiling, by the time i was your age my ceiling was a full on dog fights brits and jerry, yank and jap, jerry against a comic hero of mine see if any one else remembers "Johny Red" he had a blood red hurricane and a yellow eagle on the side and he had an amazing B25 with loads of canons and i think a artillery piece. Also made ack ack cloudes outta cotton wool balls painted grey black and stuck to ceiling.

Now go raid your dads shop

Cheers Martin

D

dubster72

\ said:
Nice Helli mate, Hang it from your bedroom ceiling, by the time i was your age my ceiling was a full on dog fights brits and jerry, yank and jap, jerry against a comic hero of mine see if any one else remembers "Johny Red" he had a blood red hurricane and a yellow eagle on the side and he had an amazing B25 with loads of canons and i think a artillery piece. Also made ack ack cloudes outta cotton wool balls painted grey black and stuck to ceiling.Now go raid your dads shop

Cheers Martin
Was Johnny Red in the 'Battle' comic Martin? I have a vague memory of building a Matchbox B-25J at about 12 which I think had 8 nose-mounted 0.50 heavy guns, plus a 75mm cannon!

Patrick

D

Derek S

ahha about the darling thing haha i sent a message to Ian, the administrator to change it. im going to put the heli on the side without the propeller so it looks better against the wood board..

i will post pics as im progressing

til then,

Derek

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Hi Derek welcome to the forum, I've changed your user name for you darling :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome again Derek I promise that I will not make any more jokes darling. Bum! I mean darling jokes. :laughing:

Ian M

D

Derek S

im going place the heli against the wooden board and do the scene around that. any suggestions?

thanks, derek

B

Buttonman

Thats the one Dubster makes me feel old when i remember thhings like that. Iused to sit on the bottom stair and wait for dad to get home every thursday, there was battle and action then they joined together oh and 2000AD they don't make comics like that anymore, and learning german from the Commando booklets.

Feelin old know

Martin