Ultramarine Warhammer 40,000 figure

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
My eldest son got interested with this gaming thing for all of about 10 minuets and I bought him some figures and he asked to paint them but they just sat on my bench for about a year well today I got a bit bord with painting little figures so I decided while I was waiting for paint to dry I would give this little fellow a go

Now I've never painted anything like this and never new what colours to use , I new it was blue as the that was the colour on the box but not anything else so I just let rip :smiling3:

I painted his armour in humbrol 14 which is a gloss but the wash has took the shine off the backpack and weapons are all painted in Vallejo oily steel and so it the slight damage to the armour :smiling3: View attachment 83740

View attachment 83741

View attachment 83742

View attachment 83743

View attachment 83744

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Look okay to me mate, they do have more colours depending on if they're chaos, space marines etc.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate I'll take a look at some my son has already picked me up on the colour of the eagle on his chest

It went something like this

" alright son how's school been and what do you think of this ?"

His reply

" it was ok dad , that looks good but the colours too dark and the eagle should be gold duh !"

Lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, gold mate and the blue is lighter.

P

Polux

Looks fine to me!!

Mmm....I have an old "Mithril" figures from Lord of the Rings....maybe I follow you!!! This thread return me very nice memories :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm thinking of getting a couple kits and do a little dio but I will paint it properly this time :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I think you did well on him,looks good to me,

there funny as i think they use bright colors for alot of them,

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I'm glad you like it my son has some more so I might pinch a few and look up the colours and do them properly in between drying times see if they meet with his approval :D

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice figure, I was never capable and (still am) of building and painting figures. I always find them quite hard in terms of washes, details and stuff like that. The flesh tones always annoyed me.

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Faces are difficult john all I do is paint them flesh colour and then use a watered down orange or brown then just dry brush again with flesh , I have tried to do eyes and moustaches but I've had mixed results.

Detail is always difficult , I have a brush with about three hairs on it and I use a strong magnifier , I wipe most of the paint off to limit overspill but it takes a bit of time to do one little piece but the final result is worth it. :smiling3: