Under way

T

tommy1drop

Hi All

Just thought i would share with you all the diorama which i have just started, its in 1:35th scale and is based around the Mini Art village road with ruined house and a Dragon iv Ausf j.

This is my first attempt at using a Mini Art kit and i have to say that i have never built a vac form kit before and found it a bit of a challenge, i am going to be building the house using a good few of the extra pieces that come with the kit, as i think this will add a bit more depth to the scene, and have decided to add a floor to the inside of the buliding along with doors, windows and the down right for the gutteringand a little vegetation.View attachment 25523View attachment 25524

The Ausf iv still needs weathering and the figures need finishing and i think there will be a little more kit added to the tank, i hope to add more pics as the build takes shape and i am looking forward to seeing the end results.View attachment 25517View attachment 25518View attachment 25519View attachment 25520View attachment 25521View attachment 25522View attachment 25522

View attachment 31714

View attachment 31715

View attachment 31716

View attachment 31717

View attachment 31718

View attachment 31719

View attachment 31720

View attachment 31721

diorama 003.jpg

diorama 004.jpg

diorama 009.jpg

diorama 002.jpg

diorama 006.jpg

diorama 010.jpg

diorama 008.jpg

diorama 007.jpg

J

John Huggins

Nice one Tommy,

looking forward to the finished dio.

John

B

Bunkerbarge

The tank is looking great and is going to make a very interesting diorama. I've never really taken to vac formed modelling, never know where to cut the stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of it!

T

tommy1drop

Thanks

Thanks guys I will post some more pics as i am building it, i know one thing is for sure, you need patience when building a vac form kit.

Its so easy to cut through something you shouldnt, thank goodness for filler!

I liked doing it so much i bought another one.

T

tommy1drop

Update

View attachment 27145View attachment 27146View attachment 27147View attachment 27148View attachment 27149Hi All

I thought i would add a few pics of the Dio i am doing, its still a work on the go and i have several pieces to add to it including wall paper for the inside walls.

The kits i am using are the Mini Art village road with ruined house and the Ark models pak 43, both are good kits when built and it is the first time i have attempted a vac form kit.

The Mini Art kits are excellent after you have have decided how to tackle them, some fittting problems at first, but after a little tweeking i over came this problem......thank good ness for filler!

The 8,8cm pak 43 isnt a bad kit either, the only thing i would suggest to the Ark company is to make the instructions clearer...looked photo copied!

I have used balsa wood for the floor on the inside of the kit and i have several things i wish to add including the wallpaper before i can say it is finished , i have also built a roof for the kit again out of balsa and this isnt far from completion.

On the ground work side of things i have used Green line grass and flowers bought from Fields of glory, great items i highly recommend these as they a good finish and are so easy to use. I need to ad some spent ammo cases for the 88 and some more bits of kit and a little more here and there.

Well thats about it so far i will show the pics of the finshed model when i have finally done it.

View attachment 27144

Sorry for the bright pics i had the flash on the camera....

Tom

View attachment 32999

View attachment 33000

View attachment 33001

View attachment 33002

View attachment 33003

View attachment 33004

dio 2 008.jpg

dio 2 009.jpg

dio 2 015.jpg

dio 2 005.jpg

dio 2 014.jpg

dio 2 010.jpg

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Tom, I've missed this completely.

It's looking really good and coming together nicely. There sure will be plenty going on in the finished diorama.

Excellent work.

Ron

J

John Huggins

Very nice, tank looking good looking forward to the finished product.

John

T

tommy1drop

Thanks

Thanks guys, just a bit more work and a bit more detailing and its nearly finished, the more i do on this the more i like them.

I must do i have just started another one and bought two more..lol

P

pointblank0

Wow. Really impressive. Almost a completely seperate art! Looks fantastic on its own but unbelievable with the tank. Look forward to seeing it all together.

Rob

N

noble

This is looking good so far mate keep up the good work.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Hi All

Just thought I would update this build as I am progressing along with it, I have done a few more bits to it and addded the roof which I made out of balsa wood.

Rather than just building the Mini Art building straight from the box, I wanted to give the building a more realistic look to it, by adding the roof and the floor i think it looks a little different and more realistic of a bombed out building.

I have added more broken glass made from a strip of clear plastic sheeting from a house hold product...cheap or what, I will say this is sturdy enough and look pretty good when put onto the base and in the windows, the 88mm shells are Tamiya products and look really good.

I still have a fair bit to finish on the 88mm weathering and chipping before I will add that to the base but I have placed the carriages of the 88mm on the base and its starting to look the part, this is the first time I have built one of these vac formed buildings and I really do like them, so thats it for the time being, just got to crack on with the inside of the building some more weathering to the floor and ground work and its nearly finished.

Tom

View attachment 27278View attachment 27279View attachment 27280View attachment 27281View attachment 27282View attachment 27283View attachment 27284View attachment 27285View attachment 27286View attachment 27281View attachment 27287View attachment 27288View attachment 27284View attachment 27289

View attachment 33128

View attachment 33129

View attachment 33130

View attachment 33131

View attachment 33132

View attachment 33133

View attachment 33134

View attachment 33135

View attachment 33136

View attachment 33137

View attachment 33138

View attachment 33139

diorama mini art 001.jpg

diorama mini art 003.jpg

diorama mini art 007.jpg

diorama mini art 008.jpg

diorama mini art 009.jpg

diorama mini art 011.jpg

diorama mini art 012.jpg

diorama mini art 016.jpg

diorama mini art 022.jpg

diorama mini art 005.jpg

diorama mini art 021.jpg

diorama mini art 020.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Hello tommy1drop your right about the vac kits i used one on my dio you can see it on here aces high I think I did more filling then painting but Its worth it when there finished they look the part.look forward to seeing yours when its all finished . Geegad

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Geegad, I have just started another one its the farmyard kit by Mini Art, I have learnt one or two things since I started building these and they are excellent kits.

There are so many different buidings that Mini Art offer and the scope for modellers is brilliant in regards to the scenes that modellers can build, I now have placed the Pak 43 onto the base now and have taken one or two more pics to show its progress, I have also started on one or two furniture pieces that I am going to place inside the building along with wall papered walls, I am nearly there on finishing my first Mini Art building and I am really enjoying these kits.....so far I have bought another 4 of them and have placed a few more on my wish list.

View attachment 28174View attachment 28175View attachment 28176View attachment 28177View attachment 28178View attachment 28179View attachment 28180View attachment 28181View attachment 28177View attachment 28182View attachment 28183

View attachment 33841

View attachment 33842

View attachment 33843

View attachment 33844

View attachment 33845

View attachment 33846

View attachment 33847

View attachment 33848

View attachment 33849

View attachment 33850

boys in the sun and dio 010.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 011.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 015.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 022.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 016.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 017.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 020.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 021.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 023.jpg

boys in the sun and dio 019.jpg

P

phalinmegob

looking fantastic mate, i am about to start a mini art farmyard as part of the challenger challenge, you have made them look like they are easy but i am still worried about taking a knife to those vac form sheets.

T

tommy1drop

Thank you, there not that bad to cut out, but if you do make a mistake............wilkos poly filler works a treat!

But in al lhonesty they are great kits to work with the only other thing that i could say about them is that you have to have a little patience when trying to glue the two halves together, they dont always line up and the only thing I would say is to cut yourself a few plastic tabs from the off cuts of plastic that surround the kit and use them to key the two halves together(doors windows etc).

Other than that.....they are really good and the detail on them is second to none, looking forward to seeing your kit.

Tom

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
quality tommy1drop loving the detail on the pak and the building top draw bud looking forward to seein whats up next.ive got mini art street nxt looking to put king tiger with it depends on the size of the beast..............!