unplanned diorama

T

Tyler Christiansen

hello friends,

this was just a diorama i put together with models i had, no real terrain yet, havent quite gotten that far yet, but the models themselves are done and heres the floor plan, maybe add some more US figures, dont know yet. Feel free to tell me they suck, i think they arent that good, but its nice to get some of your guy's/gal's inputs in on it.

View attachment 39271

View attachment 39272

View attachment 39273

View attachment 39274

View attachment 39275

View attachment 39276

View attachment 39277

View attachment 39278

View attachment 39279

View attachment 39280

View attachment 39281

View attachment 39282

View attachment 39283

View attachment 39284

View attachment 39285

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02763.jpg

T

Tyler Christiansen

forgot to add, the setting is the Ardennes forest, and the name is (wait for it) "ardennes" (wow what an original name hahahahaha)

P

Polux

Hi Tyler! I like the idea!!

Ardennes is a really serious name... isn't a joke!! You could work hard for it!!

You will do a scratch bunker? Nice!

Have fun

Polux

C

CDW

Looks like it'll be a big one, the terrain will take some time and effort but it'll be worth it in the end.

The figures look ok to me in the photos, are you scratch building all the terrain like trees etc?

Quite like the idea of the layout from the photos and what better title??? keep it simple eh? :smiling3:

T

Tyler Christiansen

thanks for the comments and CDW im honestly not sure, this will be my first time doing a scratch build terrain so im really nervous about it. Pink Panther im thinking about scratch building a bunker but i dont quite know how to any suggestions?

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Tyler.

Always nice to see models being used creatively.

I'm like you, never done a dio before and unsure how to start.

But you don't know till you do. :cheeseygrin:

I would suggest that you have a look at some of the dio's on this forum, there are some brill builders who are happy to share thair experience and tips.

Happy modelling

Tony

D

dubster72

I think your snow looks really good Tyler. Personally, I'd have put the Americans defending the fixed position as that would be more like what actually happened in the Ardennes campaign.

Having said that, it all works very well! I don't give that Sherman much chance against the King Tiger though!

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Tyler, nice to see you posting again....

This is one very good diorama. That's one pile of snow, and a very good first attempt at the stuff too.

Is the bunker scratch built? It is an excellent job if it is....If it isn't, it's still great!

It is always difficult to have the goodies and the baddies on one diorama board, but you have done well with this.

Well done Ty, and here's to the next one. Keep us posted and post some pictures of progress when you start it.

Cheers,

Ron

T

Tyler Christiansen

thanks guys for the comments and Ron that bunker is actually bought from verlinden, i havent quite got the skills to scratch build anything yet

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
thanks guys for the comments and Ron that bunker is actually bought from verlinden, i havent quite got the skills to scratch build anything yet
As papa says, it's still a very nice dio.

If you fancy a go at a scratch bunker, get hold of some polystyrene ( the hard stuff T.V.'s come packed in) and have a go.

You'll be surprise how well this stuff can be moulded and cut to shape.....

The main thing Ty' is to have a go, you will soon get the hang of it. Then you won't have to buy verlinden stuff anymore!

Cheers,

Ron

T

Tyler Christiansen

thank you very much Papa and Ron, and as for the scratch build bunker i do have some polystyrene that came with my air compressor that when i looked at it i thought it was a perfect bunker so im going to mess around with it and try to make a bunker out of it, and as for my next project i do have a almost finished arnhem project (need to finish the terrain) and ill upload pics right away