USS Franklin (CV13) 'The ship that wouldn't sink'. March 1945

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps. What terrific comments......and the Bo****ks Award too. My cup does indeed overflow. :thumb2:

453. On this occasion the backdrop is 'eu natural', but I really want a sunny day. with no wind...fat chance!

Just as well, because on looking at the other so called finished photos, I've missed out what is probably one of the most important detail of the whole build...Eejit that I am!:upside::upside:
So I've deleted them all and will try and attend to the huge omission tomorrow.

Happy days!

Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A belated thanks Brian.

I've finally got around to finishing this.
Basic kit, but just what I needed for the subject matter.

Here's a couple of pickies. I'll post some more over in 'Ships Completed'

Thanks for all the great comments during the build.
P1370236.JPG

P1370233 (2).JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Don't know what you forgot Ron, but the above pics look fantastic!!!...I take it you've been off caravaning around the planet again over the past few weeks.........

Prost
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the post Allen.
I forgot to add all the water pouring out of the vessel's hanger deck! :upside: It's all the hose water being used to fight the fires. This also caused the severe list to starboard, not by any damage to the hull itself.

Yes, indeed we have been a'wandering again. We travel right through the year, but tend to cram a bit more in during the summer months. So I'm afraid model making takes a back seat whilst the light nights and decent(ish) weather are with us.....Mind you, the nights are closing in, so the bench looks mighty tempting by the hour.....

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited: