Valerons ICM 1 35 Model T 1917 Ambulance

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That's very true Tim. I think ICM have made it up ror marketing and re-packaged the ambulance with the figures.

The ambulance was previously sold without the figures.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Is this of any use Mike?
015.jpg

as for the tailboard tilting under the weight, it seems there are stops of some kind to prevent that happening

world-war-i-ambulance-PK980F.jpg
They are possibly not the same model of ambulance, but I have a big collection of images gleaned from the internet for my future Model T conversion project, and these I am pretty sure are at least Fords.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great pictures, especially the first one. Bet that’s what they’ve used as a reference. Shows the step really well!

Chassis could be the same, hard to tell when you can’t see any of it :tongue-out3:

There are notable differences in the external appearance of the bodies which could mean different coachbuilders were used or that these are an earlier and later examples. The give away is that the roof lines are different. The first is called a compound roof. It’s more complex to make and follows that used on modern railway passenger stock design from about 1880 onwards. The second has an Arc roof. This is much simpler to make and was common on commercial, but not passenger, stock. Not unusual to have different interpretations of the brief though, I suspect the chassis would have been farmed out to anyone that could make the bodies. Gives you a bit of leeway in making one as well.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'd go with the step......it appears that it was actually part of the ambulance tailgate and would add a lot of interest to an otherwise flat surface.......very nice bit of detail Mike. :thumb2:

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Apologies for my late arrival to the party, just catching up :smiling4:

Very nice work Mike, it looks great :thumb2:

It’s amazes me how frail these early vehicles look but they were actually cutting edge for their day.

Geoff,

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
The model is now fully assembled.

Everytime I look at that spare tyre on the side, it looks so much bigger than the ones in the wheels, but I've measured it snd it's the same size.

Just weathering to go now.

Before I do that I'm going to have a go at the figures and making a step of the back door so I can have this open with the nurse helping a walking wounded into the back.

20230120_090937.jpg

20230120_091003.jpg

20230120_091029.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That looks excellent Mike,nice one. :smiling3:
( See what you mean about the spare,a real optical illusion that eh?! ;) )

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I must say I had the same idea about the spare tyre, but it would be a really odd mistake to make for the manufacturer, when you think about it :smiling3: Maybe if you photograph it from underneath it will seem like the wheels are bigger than the spare tyre?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks very good. The figures and a simple base will really set it off nicely.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Nice job , Mike.
looking at those extensions on the tailgate for the stretchers, I wonder if that was to reduce the body size (& therefore the weight) to avoid the overbalancing issue?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Found this.

iu

Seems there was one.