Vallejo equivalent of RLM71

First Name
Dave
Can anyone tell me which paints in the Vallejo range are closest to Luftwaffe RLM71 Dunkelgrun and Rl

LM70 Schwartzgrun please?.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - Paint4models.com#

First Name
Dave
Thanks allyne.I will look at that later when i can get on a computer.My iphone doesnt support adobe flash player so cant look at it on phone.Thanks again

S

Scuff

Here are the recommended colours, followed by my suggestions for more accurate RLM matches using Vallejo paints.

You can download this app for free from the app store - iModelKit.

Vallejo recommended

Suggested mix using Vallejo paints

Last edited:
First Name
Dave
Thanks Scuff,some very useful info there.will go to town and get some this morning.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
What a brilliant app. Pity its only for the iphone and compatibles...

What we need is a pc version - any i.t. experts out there?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well according to the colour swatch card from Vallejo for RLM 71 you would want paint nr, 888 or position 92.

RLM 70 should be paint nr 897 or position 98.

Hope thats of use to you.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Thanks ian.Just got back from town.The shop was sold out of no.888,but i had downloaded scuffs app to my iphone.So i was able to find the equivalents in the model air range.Thats 71015 (888 Dunkelgrun).I also got 71021 (897 Schwarzgrun) as i obviously wont be able to spray the enamel schwarzgrun that i already had on top of the Vallejo acrylic!.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I just hope that they do that app for an Android smart phone soon, looks like it might be a handy thing to have!

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont have either an ipad, iphone or ipod. I do however have a good android phone that I am more than happy with. Been no the Android market and could not find the App :sad:

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Whilst you are on here Ian.Ive just sprayed a couple of coats of Vallejo on my Henschel.How long would you leave it to dry before masking?.I normally use enamels and leave them 24 hours.Not sure about this stuff.I must say though,its great to work with.And my airbrush cleaned up easily with water.Will definately be getting some more.

B

Buttonman

Just found Hobby color converter for the android phone and paint converter 1st does tamiya paints 2nd doescitadel vallejo and different stuff

B

Buttonman

Also you cold try this . http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/pdf_web/CC073_rev03.pdf