veron

D

dipstick

has anyone got any pictures of the veron police launch, or can someone tell me what colour she is.

D

duncan

My first powerboat ! ED Bee powered. The Thames police ones were dark blue hull, white waterline ,cant remember lower(underwater) colour, might have been dark red anti-fouling (Halford`s undercoat) Deck-house was white exterior, interior and deck natural wood varnished. A great wee boat. Hope this helps. No photos sorry, I was too young to have a camera when I built it ! A mate of mine has a redundant alloy fullsize boat that I`ve been trying to get him to convert it to Large-scale model, PT boat or similar. The Police Launch would be a good subject too . Keep your plans handy! Phil Smith the Veron designer may be still about, anybody know?

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Yes Duncan Phil Smith is still around and selling his historic plans,he usually gets a mention in the BMFA newspaper but I could not find anything in the latest issue regarding his address ?

K

Kiwi

Try this:

Phil Smith,

32 Verwood Crescent,

Southbourne,

Bournmouth, BH6 4JE

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Try this:Phil Smith,

32 Verwood Crescent,

Southbourne,

Bournmouth, BH6 4JE
*** Thanks Kiwi,if anyone does manage to make contact with him can they please ask Phil which plans are available and if possible supply a list of them ?,there has been a lot of talk and nostalgia about Veron models here on scale-models and I am sure that quite a few people would like to make replicas of past designs.Thank you.

D

duncan

I`ve got an original small Veron waterslide transfer if anyone wants to copy it , blue and yellow. Good to know that Phil is still modelling. :terrific:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I`ve got an original small Veron waterslide transfer if anyone wants to copy it ' date=' blue and yellow. Good to know that Phil is still modelling. :terrific:[/quote']***Duncan could you scan it please ?

D

duncan

***Duncan could you scan it please ?
Not me but will get me mate Sandy (he of the Mud Duck) to do that and post it here, but like Mrs Beaton I`ll have to "first catch my chicken" as it is somewhere in my midden as the Lady Muriel likes to call my work-room. It needs a good clean-up anyway. :sunglasse Just remebered that I`ve also got some old "winged" SMAE silver and blue, transfers in various sizes. Plus embroidered blazer badge and enamel lapel pin. Got them on ebay recently from somebody in Liverpool area.

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Not me but will get me mate Sandy (he of the Mud Duck) to do that and post it here' date=' but like Mrs Beaton I`ll have to "first catch my chicken" as it is somewhere in my midden as the Lady Muriel likes to call my work-room. It needs a good clean-up anyway. :sunglasse Just remebered that I`ve also got some old "winged" SMAE silver and blue, transfers in various sizes. Plus embroidered blazer badge and enamel lapel pin. Got them on ebay recently from somebody in Liverpool area.[/quote']*** Sure,no hurry Duncan,get him to scan the historic SMAE one as well while you have them handy.

These look really the part on vintage models,you can print onto white tissue and dope them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

duncan

Yep wilco, dont know if silver scans or come out grey but we`ll try. I`ll try to locate the ebay vendor, I think he may have a small stock of the transfers. If you want a couple or so to try your luck or use them as is I have a few to spare. PM me if so. Wish we could find some "APS winged page boy" ones too!

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Yep wilco' date=' dont know if silver scans or come out grey but we`ll try. I`ll try to locate the ebay vendor, I think he may have a small stock of the transfers. If you want a couple or so to try your luck or use them as is I have a few to spare. PM me if so. Wish we could find some "APS winged page boy" ones too![/quote']*** The page boy logo ! had forgot about that one,this was from the days when you ordered a plan on the Monday and received it on Friday,the last time I ordered a drawing by post it took three months to get it sorted after making numerous phone calls,the plans were done in another part of the country ! can you imagine the problems it did cause,Model Aeronautical press had an in-house plans/magazine empire,if you needed an obsolete one then the tracing was found within a week and printed specially for you at no extra cost,a brilliant service.

I will pm you Duncan.

D

duncan

Another one I liked was a stylised glider in a circle , gold and black. May have been BGA, British Gliding Assn., fore-runner of BARCS ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Another one I liked was a stylised glider in a circle ' date=' gold and black. May have been BGA, British Gliding Assn., fore-runner of BARCS ?[/quote']*** Long before the BMFA were on the scene with their insurance for modellers,there was another organisation which was called the NGA ( National Guild of Aeromodellers) they had this crackpot insurance scheme which made a payment for a fly-away model ! you can imagine that the scheme was relatively short lived,there were some advertisements in forties Aeromodellers for it.

I think that it was aimed at the big 'gassies' then coming in from America,petrol engines par excellence.

Anyone who has flown free-flight will know the big risks of loosing models.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Another one I liked was a stylised glider in a circle ' date=' gold and black. May have been BGA, British Gliding Assn., fore-runner of BARCS ?[/quote']***That sounds familiar Duncan,you could make a great collection of these vintage badges,which reminds me that I once had a scooter & sidecar with those motoring organisation type metal plaques,I sold the bike with one that said 'Civil service flying club' never seen one since ? I left it on by mistake.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Dont worry about the silver reproducing,I intend on repainting that portion.

S

scalerau

Chris

I have the plans and photo from the front of the Veron box if you still are interested.

Geoff

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have an original somewhere of that Keil Kraft logo,these would make idea reproductions for people to use on period models.

D

duncan

Thanks for jogging my memory boys. I need to resize the SMAE and Veron transfers. Barry you could try printing the SMAE ones one silver paper using blue ink. Edit: file size exceeds limit, I`ll get me mate Sandy to fix that ,sorry.:thinking:

Last edited:
D

dipstick

thatnks for the offer geoff but i finished the model, and she has won a couple of club regatta's. when i get some time i will try and get a couple of photos of are boats. and seeing that frog logo reminded me that me and my father have 4 or 5 of the frog RAF launches and a frog albertrous.