Vietnam Jolly green giant

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Dave,for windows I use foam safe ca as it wo'nt fog. I sometimes also use Canopy'Formula 560' the plus with this is its water based and easy to use,plus you can debond it with warm water if needed.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Bo this one does take me back. It might just have been the first Helicopter I ever built.

First Name
Dave
I am now fitting it in between bathroom decorating so while one dries i can do the other so everyone's happy

Dave

First Name
Dave
I am losing confidence in this kit as there seems to be lots of gaps and if I fill them the resulting sanding will remove the fine detail so not sure I'm skilled enough to get this looking good.

Dave

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don't underestimate yourself mate. Keep plodding on. You may surprise yourself! We are all behind you! :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's the green Giant I remember from all those years ago. Lots of rivets. I understand your concern about sanding a bit of detail off, but there isn't really much else you can do. When completed, there will be so many other details to catch the eye (lots of lumps and bumps on a 'copter) I don't think you will notice a few missing rivets.

First Name
Dave
Some new techniques being undertaken today, window masking and PVA for glueing the clear so it's proving a good test bed.

Dave

First Name
Dave
Took all the masking off today I'm not sure I got the colours correct but I can tone them down I have the details to do with a brush now not looking forward to that I don't have a steady hand.

Dave

D

dubster72

That might be an old kit Dave, but you're bringing the best out of it! It's looking great.

Cheers

Patrick

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is a fine looking helo Dave, you are really doing it justice. Another method is to use PVA for the windows, does work but make sure it is warm and dries in a warm environment or it will stay white a long time.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
Thanks, my shakey hand just can't do fine stuff not sure that will ever change but i may try masking and spraying next time it'll take longer but the results will be better.

Is it still wise to brush on a Matt coat over it all to seal the decals ?

Dave

D

dubster72

If you're planning to give it a wash Dave, I'd seal the decals with gloss.

A matt coat is usually applied at the very end.