First Name
John
Beautiful work Andy.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lovely work so far Andy,chainmail turned so well and like the colors your using,just need to add a crow as well for that
very nice big cross ,very nice find and buy

First Name
Andrew
I've been working on my Viking's clothing through the week and he's slowly getting there. i have to keep reminding myself not to compare my work to Mike Butler's. My painting looks good to the naked eye but doesn't really enlarge that well. i have work to finish all over him and only have base colours on things like his gloves, axe and cloak. I will also detail all the metallic bits. I've resisted sticking on his shield yet. He's progressing.
Andy

DSCN2367.JPGDSCN2371.JPGDSCN2373.JPGDSCN2374.JPG

First Name
Andrew
Thanks guys.
I am enjoying painting him but when I am so blessed to have these beauties in my possession, then you know that there is room for improvement!

Remember that these are all 54mm figures. These heads are smaller than your little finger nail! Mike Butler is a master.

I have learnt from him and am improving. The only way to improve is to try!
Andy

148 (dugout 18) (2).jpg101701350_264840288099925_8456807403441094656_n-001 (2).jpg118579109_1484162181784778_9132872646859398007_n-002 (2).jpg118579109_1484162181784778_9132872646859398007_n-002 (3).jpgIMG_4886-001 (3).JPGIMG_9587 (2).JPGIMG_9587-001 (2).JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work and brush stills on a 54mm head i do know how small they are ,well done to you,
do like your style as well, ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andrew, the layering and fine detailing is what most others fail to do in their figure painting and always thing one off layer painting is enough. Patience with every figure is key to the final outcome and the playing of artificial shadows. Your Viking is turning out very well at every stage of detailing.

Mike Butlers style is so organic looking. His texturing fits well for the material used in that period...tough wool fabric that has that rough texture when hung out to dry and creases easily at the folds. The working man often didn't have smooth skin either unlike the officers.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Andrew
great work and brush stills on a 54mm head i do know how small they are ,well done to you,
do like your style as well, ;)
Monica
Thats the work of Mike Butler (Mike the Kiwi) of New Zealand not me! (If only!)
These are all figures that he has painted for me so I have them close at hand and can refer as to how good they are.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Monica
Thats the work of Mike Butler (Mike the Kiwi) of New Zealand not me! (If only!)
These are all figures that he has painted for me so I have them close at hand and can refer as to how good they are.
he dose do a fantastic job of them and do like his style maybe a six pack would go down well,
so good of you to prmote his work , ;)

First Name
Andrew
so good of you to prmote his work , ;)
All those are figures that I now own. I converted all the men, sent them to New Zealand and Mike painted them for me. They live on my section models on bases that I created. The ladies were painted by Mike for Tommy's War. I made a hospital tent as a backdrop for them and Darren (of Tommy's War) gave them to me. So they all belong to me. Mike is presently working on a bespoke base that I created just for him. We're combining the best of each other's talents and having fun together!
Google 'andy belsey' and find my website. You'll see where these figures live now.
Andy

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
All those are figures that I now own. I converted all the men, sent them to New Zealand and Mike painted them for me. They live on my section models on bases that I created. The ladies were painted by Mike for Tommy's War. I made a hospital tent as a backdrop for them and Darren (of Tommy's War) gave them to me. So they all belong to me. Mike is presently working on a bespoke base that I created just for him. We're combining the best of each other's talents and having fun together!
Google 'andy belsey' and find my website. You'll see where these figures live now.
Andy
so pleased that you two are working so well together and with such great results as well keep up the good work
look forward to seeing more ,
whats the site you have please

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Just had a quick catch-up. Absolutely no complaints from me. As others have said a top job.

As for not blowing up well but looking good to the Mark I eyeball don't be too hard on yourself.

I'm no expert but we do this hobby to look at things primarily with the human eye but modern technology has obviously changed that a lot and so cameras pick up things we can't even see. After all these figures were not meant to be looked at at x5 magnification!!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
whats the site you have please
Monica
They don’t like us posting links to websites and self promotion, so I won’t post a direct link. If you read my last post, I did say that all you have to do is Google my name. The first thing that comes up is my website.
Andy

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Monica
They don’t like us posting links to websites and self promotion, so I won’t post a direct link. If you read my last post, I did say that all you have to do is Google my name. The first thing that comes up is my website.
Andy
ta for letting me know shell do

First Name
Andrew
I've been working on him through the week and will try to post some photos either tomorrow or over the weekend. I'm happy how he's progressing and enjoying doing it. I spent this lunchtime detailing his axe handle and have attached his shield now. Yesterday I added the gold parts and detailed cords etc. I 've painted his gloves and added more tones to his blond hair. Thankfully, I work with a lady who has blond hair, to check all the colours involved.
I still have his cloak to paint, plus sword and dagger/pouch. I'm getting there and trying to be patient! Listening to how Mike paints has given me some great tips to better myself.
Andy