Volvo F6 Beaver-tail Transport vehicle

First Name
Charles
This build came about by converting and scratch building, the old Italeri Volvo F6 Fire ladder kit. I had bought this a couple of years ago at an exhibition together with other second hand kits for little or nothing. I did not know what to do with the kit, until recent. So, it is no more a fire truck but an old beaver-tail machine transport carrier. I see most enthusiast convert old trucks into other types of themes to suit their intensions. This might carry a lot of load but ,we'll consider this a private farmer or truck company wanting to have easy access to transport small and medium size machinery to their destination without renting.

The diesel tank was taken from another truck model as the original would not accommodate the space. So I took a cylindrical tank, cut 1/3 of the tank and made it to fit the space. I got the idea for a smaller tank from a photo of the Scania model that inspired this build.

The rear angle chassi C-bracket was taken from another truck model that I used to mount on his truck, after some minor modifications.

WIP:

I borrow the photo of the Italeri fire ladder Volvo kit from another thread:

-------------------------------------

Complete:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent weathering Charles.
Oh and the scratch building is, as usual fantastic!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Charles, What an excellent result with this conversion and it will look the "Bomb" with a proper load on its back! One to be Very Proud of. :thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a great result Charles. The whole thing, scratch work, weathering, and display, all coming together holistically to showcase your skills. Top stuff :thumb2:

First Name
Charles
Charles, What an excellent result with this conversion and it will look the "Bomb" with a proper load on its back! One to be Very Proud of. :thumb2: Rick H.
Thank you. Any suggestions about the load?

First Name
Charles
That’s a great result Charles. The whole thing, scratch work, weathering, and display, all coming together holistically to showcase your skills. Top stuff :thumb2:
Kind of you to say. Thanks

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Charles,
An excellent example of the scratchery art. With such a long rear overhang I guess the steering must of got light if you had the load wrong.

First Name
Charles
Charles,
An excellent example of the scratchery art. With such a long rear overhang I guess the steering must of got light if you had the load wrong.

I guess so. That's why the load has ro be reasonable, I guess.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Charles

As always, stunning work. Simply stunning.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Charles
That is excellent. The conversion is really well done and the painting/weathering is superb.
Jim