vosper fast patrol boat

D

davejohson

can anyone help please

I just bought a wooden 1:24 vosper thornycroft 103ft fpb off e bay

i thought it will be a good project for me and my sons (6 and 10)to learn remote control boats im not bothered about scale speed but i want it to look good trouble is the bloke i bought it off was real good at making deck fittings etc using a swiss army knife lol i have found a site that will supply fittings a lot better but i dont have a clue where they sit on the deck does anyone have a plan or picture of this boat its not a torpedo boat

i must say ive only built plastic lancasters this is my first attempt at real builds please help me save face

my kids are all gooey eyed with the dad will fix it stare

F

Fenlander

Hi dave and welcome to the Scale Models Forum. There is this thread on this very forum that may be of help. Other than that, a search on Google should bring up plenty of pictures and drawings.

Have a look here

D

davejohson

Hi Graham thanks for the help. Your 103 ft patrol boat with the brown deck looks very much what mine should look like although I do like the idea of the green deck of your torpedo boat did they make both wood and metal decks

Thanks again Dave.

F

Fenlander

It isn't mine Dave, that is just what the builder called the thread. Doubt I could make one as good as that lol.

First Name
Tony
Anything of value in the British Military Powerboat Trust Website? British Military Powerboat Trust, Coastal Forces, Gunboats, Target Boats, High Speed Launches, Motor Gun Boats, Torpedo Boats, Patrol Boats, Seaplane Tenders

If not do any any of the plastic kit manufacturers sell a kit which could be used as a template?

Tony.