Wanting some....Advice.. :)

Will move or wont move?!?!?! (Krick Borkum + Wilesco D49)

• Boat wont move, engine 2 small :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will cruise gracefully around the pond :D

• Engine + boat will be fine for a first shot :)

• Total voters
M

MiniMental

Yo guys, im Aidan

Ive come on here in search of some guidance with regards to Steam Boats.

I currently have a Wilesco D49 engine which is brand new and not doing anything. I'de like to stick it in a boat and rig it up for radio control.

The boat thats taken my fancy is the Krick Borkum one.

Was just wondering if this engine would be enough for a graceful chug around the pond near my house or would it simply not move.. haha.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am not new to the r/c Boating scene and not a complete newbie with steam.. Just lacking in experience of the two together.

Kind Regards

Aidan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi aidan welcome to the forum, hopefully someone with more experience of R/C boats than me (ie ANY!!) will post you some help, (bunkerbarge maybe?) cheers tony

M

MiniMental

Ive now had a change of heart. Im still going to build a krick borkum, however, im going to use a 'real' steam engine :smiling3: Will take me a year or so to complete as i can only buy it a bit at a time but so far im intending to use..

Graham TVR1A Engine

Maccsteam 3.5" Horizontal Boiler

and all the other bits and bobs like oil seperators/condensors, feedwater pumps + tanks .etc

So, another question that springs to mind is.... will a horizontal boiler look okay in said boat hull or am i better going for an 'enclosed' build?

Cheers

Aidan