Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
After regaining my desk swmbo starting her boudoir project which started with removing all the fitted furniture, my room is now a storage room so I’m restricted to small projects.
After finishing my ACW figures I dug out this next one. This goes back to my tournament gaming days, I used to field a space marine army, the main reason is very few faces
I’m really impressed with the new multi part figures, the detail is superb. This one will be painted in the colours of the Ultramarine Chapter so here goes.
E81CB424-8D13-49FF-A12B-B2C43A2D5B5F.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

Figures aren't normally my thing Mick but I'll follow along with this.

My lad managed to nab an Indomitus set despite the launch day fiasco, so he's working his way through lots of these.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Painted more than my fair share of Space Marines in my day, Black Templars were my chosen chapter. Though my first tournament army was a Tzeentch/Nurgle alliance.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Looks really sharp and detailed. I assume they are 1cm squares on the mat so quite small. Years ago my son was really into this sort of stuff. I'll enjoy seeing how this progresses.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks very much for all the interest gents, I just buy to paint now as my tournament days are long gone. Its no longer a cheap hobby either have seen the prices of some of the larger pieces.
Anyway I managed to make a start, the model was spray undercoated in chaos black ( I also use this for my military models as its so good ) then a coat of Mcragge blue for the chapter colour. More to come after nights.
IMG_0062.JPG

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks gents, as you will have probably notice the head is conspicuous by its absence, definitely the last job as its a face, no helmet to cover it.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks everybody :smiling2: four replacement heads turned up today for me to try out on this one and the decals I need. I also started on altering the base to add a bit of detail.
Basic work done just needs some paint and detailing.
IMG_0067.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Not my cup of tea (other drinks are availble) but very impressive work Mick!