Waterworld this evening.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Did anyone watch this evenings 'Waterworld' programme on the television ? it really was a treat listening to an old Lister diesel engine,and a steam engine in a lovely little ex Royal Navy wooden boat,the owner of the Lister was so passionate about his combination,it clanked and clonked away,sheer poetry in motion ! whilst everything rattled away he said that he would not have anything else,a really lovely programme.

B

Bunkerbarge

Shame I missed that I would have enjoyed it.

The trouble is that there is such rubbish on the TV nowadays I tend to spend most of the evening in the workshop.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Why not put a small television in your workshop Richard ? then you will not miss programmes like this,I always havemy favourite classical music on in the background when modelling or painting,it helps me create.

Shame I missed that I would have enjoyed it. The trouble is that there is such rubbish on the TV nowadays I tend to spend most of the evening in the workshop.

B

Bunkerbarge

I agree barry, I have a rather large, ex lounge, TV in the workshop but I can never be bothered with it as it is distracting and the programs are rubbish.

I usually put some music on instead which I can blast away to my hearts content without bothering anyone!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Thats the spirit Bunkers ! you can also have a sing-along as well while you work,television programmes can be rubbish especially when they repeat them three dozen times over,you have to be selective.

I see that one piece of essential equipment in the American workshops is a computer,some even are getting their projects on-line as they build them,great idea,how about a 'Workshop Cam' has anyone done that yet,it has to come ?

I agree barry, I have a rather large, ex lounge, TV in the workshop but I can never be bothered with it as it is distracting and the programs are rubbish. I usually put some music on instead which I can blast away to my hearts content without bothering anyone!