Weathering a 'die-cast' Pink Panther.

P

Polux

Hi Friends.

Today I have been on the big city; exactly I visit my friend’s miniatures shop. Has been arrived the “die-cast” Pink Panther. Genial!!!

Is the first model I have from this brand (True Scale Models) and must say looks very good with an excellent quality. There are some details that seem unusual on an industrial model (not handmade), so it’s a little gem at 1/43.

Maybe the general colour is the weak point. The model comes with a little dry brush weathering in grey colour..... O_o

Anyway the story is: I have two models on my house now. Mine and another I have to weathering ;) Another client buys the Pinkie, and that person want some changes on the model. I have feel like a child on the school, with the arm upper waiting for the teacher’s approval.

Me! Me! Can do it? Can do it? Please..... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Here are some photos of the Pinkie.

Hope you like it.

Polux

View attachment 78333

View attachment 78332

View attachment 78334

There are some nice details, it's a 1/43 scale model :eek:

View attachment 78335

View attachment 78336

View attachment 78337

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

P

Polux

Tomorrow will start with it, is so late today. :P

Just open the box and take a look at the bags. Are not exactly glued.....there are big holes to stick them. Much better for painting all the weathering process that will receive.

I think will leave the original colour; just will change the pink with filters and washes.

Let's see O_o

View attachment 78338

View attachment 78339

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

J

John Huggins

Nice one Polux, looks the bizz, myself i think the baggage looks like it needs some of you'r magic.

Could you post a pic of where the anntene fix to as mine dont have any & i would like to fix them on.

Looking forward to seeing this come together :D .

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking forward to see what you do to her Polux :cool: good luck

P

Polux

\ said:
Nice one Polux, looks the bizz, myself i think the baggage looks like it needs some of you'r magic.Could you post a pic of where the anntene fix to as mine dont have any & i would like to fix them on.

Looking forward to seeing this come together :D .

John
Hi John.

Thanks for your comment :smiling3:

Ok, here you have a pic, hope this help you ;)

Polux

View attachment 78368

DSC_0130.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good there Polux, I don't know how much you paid but here in the UK this model is around £70ish!

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Looking good there Polux, I don't know how much you paid but here in the UK this model is around £70ish!Si:smiling3:
Well, here in Catalonia is about 85€. But the worst is....I'm playing with all this money, and the model isn't mine :confused:

Thanks for remember it :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

The camouflage is just right for a position in a flock of flamingos!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well, here in Catalonia is about 85€. But the worst is....I'm playing with all this money, and the model isn't mine :confused:Thanks for remember it :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Ah, but you will do an excellent job as always Polux and I sure that they will very happy with it.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi friends.

Here I post an update of this build. :smiling3:

After some days waiting the filters are dried, the final result doesn’t like me so much. :eek:

I decided to paint a new coat of pink colour. I mix pink (Tamiya) and kaki (Vallejo) colours. With the airbrush I paint this new and very subtle coat of colour, principally where the Landy has this strange grey weathering (black circles/photos).

View attachment 78764

Here is where I am now. The last effect is an oil wash.

I leave dry twelve hours, and then with a sponge I keep out the excess of colour. This is the result!

View attachment 78762

View attachment 78763

The complements and bags are primed with Iranian sand colour. I do a different touch of sand, greens and kakis colours with a finally oil wash by the moment. O_o

View attachment 78765

The next step is a matt coat of varnish. And the last one, a weathering with pigments.

Thanks for looking :P

Polux

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is looking a whole lot better. Nice work Polux.

Ian M

D

Deleted member 3568

That's looking amazing, I never knew the SAS drove pink landrovers, but then I don't know much

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Polux, coming along very nicely ,just the right amount off dusting up ,nice color for the baggage and packs good job

waiting to see it finished, ;)

P

Polux

Thank you very much for the comments guys ;)

I mask the base and the letters too, so once finished we will can see the text. Tomorrow will add some sand and stones if I can....

And I cut the rubbers, for a better visual effect :smiling3:

Ouch!! that's a mistake :oops:

Thanks

Polux

View attachment 78775

View attachment 78776

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Polux, it is looking 100% more realistic already

Z

Ziper_it

Love the fingerprint! Great work Polux, it's coming out superb.

Francesco