Welcome to Mr Bowcat's Racing Car & Bike GB. Chat thread

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I was going to go nuts with my service area idea and add a crew vehicle, but finding a big Sherpa van in 1/24, or better still a Leyland Roadrunner, is proving a bit tricky. Never mind the space it would take up! :tears-of-joy:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was going to go nuts with my service area idea and add a crew vehicle, but finding a big Sherpa van in 1/24, or better still a Leyland Roadrunner, is proving a bit tricky. Never mind the space it would take up! :tears-of-joy:
Theres a place that does conversion sets for the Italeri Transit van Peterairfix knows the one I mean.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Ian. I was trying to keep it "in the family" with it being a factory team, but a Ford might be all I can get.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Well, with the start date rushing upon us, I'm hoping this group build will kick-start me into being able to re-engage with this happy place once again. So thanks Bob for setting this one up.

My chosen victim:

20240301_125845.jpg

I'll hopefully get the introductory post up next week....

Nick

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well, with the start date rushing upon us, I'm hoping this group build will kick-start me into being able to re-engage with this happy place once again. So thanks Bob for setting this one up.

My chosen victim:

View attachment 509678

I'll hopefully get the introductory post up next week....

Nick
Cool looking little car nice one Nick.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob.
Although I build model aircraft I am enjoying taking part in my first GB (Petes Hurricane) so as I have a racing car kit in the stash thought I would have a go with this one. Can you sign me up Bob.
Steve, so sorry, I totally missed your post.

Welcome aboard and great choice of kit. :smiling3:

Updated list of entrants is now:

Mr Bowcat - Bob
peterairfix - Peter
Andy T - Andy
Ian M - Ian
tigersteve - Steve
Mini Me - Rick
Dave Ward - David
Jakko
therapy - Nick
papa 695 - Ian
Mickc1440 - Mick
adt70hk - Andrew
Mark1 - Mark
Lee Drenen - Lee
Simontie - Simon
Steve the Duck - Chris
Stefee - Stefan
HawkerHunter - Steve
Minitnkr - Paul

Let me know if I've missed anyone out.

Last edited:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry Allen,

Corrected list below.

Mr Bowcat - Bob
peterairfix - Peter
Andy T - Andy
Ian M - Ian
tigersteve - Steve
Mini Me - Rick
Dave Ward - David
Jakko
therapy - Nick
papa 695 - Ian
Mickc1440 - Mick
adt70hk - Andrew
Mark1 - Mark
Lee Drenen - Lee
Simontie - Simon
Steve the Duck - Chris
Stefee - Stefan
Tworrs - Garry
Allen Dewire - Allen
HawkerHunter - Steve
Minitnkr - Paul

That's over 20 assorted bikes and cars now, what a race that would make. :tears-of-joy:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hmm … I still intend to take part in this with a Tamiya Tyrrell P34, but it overlapping just about completely with the D-Day group build and the stuff I want to finish before starting either of these (coupled to the trouble I have with getting off my arse and actually doing that :smiling3: ) means I’m not sure I actually will :sad:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Agree 100%.

Monaco is probably my most disliked track, a race that is usually won on Saturday in qualifying, but last weekends effort of who can drive the slowest was an utter joke.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Agree 100%.

Monaco is probably my most disliked track, a race that is usually won on Saturday in qualifying, but last weekends effort of who can drive the slowest was an utter joke.
All the 'action' in the first half of the first lap, but Monaco will never be dropped from the calendar, however dull and processonal it has been for twenty years or so. I mean, Bernie tried to get rid of Silverstone how many times (usually for a different reason each time, but never for the 'real' reason that he hated the BRDC. Allegedly) but did he ever entertain losing Monaco?
I mean, it's not that half the drivers LIVE there... But, as street circuits go, it's just too small now. Max doesn't have any run-off areas there, does he?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
My entry is changing, the Toyota GA700 had me stuck on the first section with unfathomable painting instruction, I know Andy T gave this model a swerve. A complete change of tack and another first for me with a motorcycle. The car is off to sit in my stash for now