What am I doing wrong?

First Name
Andy
David, perhaps I am being a bit harsh with the bad batch idea, but when you follow instructions to the letter and it doesn't work then it gets a bit irritating. I was running with 30 Psi and tried both 0.3mm and 0.5mm needles in 2 airbrushes to no avail. Anyway, I took your advice and sent an Email to them to see what they say, will report back when I get a reply.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I had the same problems with AK 3rd Generation paints, when thinned with IPA. The mixture turned into a gloopy sludge immediately! Luckily, I always thin my paints ( even primers ) in a plastic shot glass, so it didn't get as far as the airbrush ( yes - I learnt this the hard way ). I've used IPA as thinner for most paints, but AK3 didn't like it. The AK thinner worked nicely, but then so does tapwater, and it's cheaper!
Dave

Reactions: JR

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some paint/thinner combinations do not work well together. There was a test done by someone a while back, I know I had problems with Vallejo Aircolour if I had used the MRP Cleaner previously, went all gooey in the airbrush. Now I always run through IPA as the last cleaning step and had no problems since.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've just had some Mr Color Metallic react badly in the airbrush. I think it might have reacted with some IPA left behind after the last cleaning session. Cleaned the a/b out with some Spraycraft cleaner, tried again and it was fine.
Pete

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
David, perhaps I am being a bit harsh with the bad batch idea, but when you follow instructions to the letter and it doesn't work then it gets a bit irritating. I was running with 30 Psi and tried both 0.3mm and 0.5mm needles in 2 airbrushes to no avail. Anyway, I took your advice and sent an Email to them to see what they say, will report back when I get a reply.

Andy.
Hi Andy hope you didn't feel like I was on your back these things are hard to talk about when not face to face it some time comes across totally wrong , hope were still cool Dave.

First Name
Andy
Hi Andy hope you didn't feel like I was on your back these things are hard to talk about when not face to face it some time comes across totally wrong , hope were still cool Dave.
No worries Dave I feel no ill will towards anyone who gives their opinion, after all, if you ask a question you have to listen to all the answers or you never learn anything.

Andy.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
How old is the primer. My black Stynyelrez just started playing up. I've been using it out of the bottle, as instructed for a year or two, now all of a sudden I have to thin it with IPA. Nothing has changed, just age. Both me and the airbrush.

First Name
Andy
I only bought the primer last week but until I can find a date on the bottle I have no idea how old it is. On the other hand I might not be barking up the wrong tree with the bad batch theory as I got this Email from Mig.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for contacting us. We hope you are well.

Could you please tell me your order reference number? As we had an issue with a bad bach a while ago and I will need to know if the dates match. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will be waiting to your response.

Kind regards,

Tatiana Gonzalez

AMMO Staff
Contact & Support
info@migjimenez.com
www.migjimenez.com
I will look for dates/numbers later in the work shop.

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to get a reply Andy, looking fwd to outcome.

First Name
Andy
Nice to get a reply Andy, looking fwd to outcome.
So am I John, I sent them a picture of the bottle showing the barcode and QR code so they will probably be able to tell when it was made and if it was part of a bad batch.

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
So am I John, I sent them a picture of the bottle showing the barcode and QR code so they will probably be able to tell when it was made and if it was part of a bad batch.

Andy.
Andy .
Let's hope that it is the same batch, at least you'll know it's not you. Pluss they might well replace it f.o.c.

First Name
Andy
Well, it's been more than a week since I sent the details to MIG and have had no reply so not too pleased. If that is the way they treat buyers of their products I will not buy any more of them. If any one wants to try the paint I will gladly send it to them to see if they have the same problem or not then it would prove it's either bad, or that I am stupid and doing something wrong.

Andy.