What scale accessories ?

H

helen

Hi i'm building a completely custom boat using a Perkasa 48" hull , the boat i have in mind would be approximately 120 metres if it were built in real life .

I want to buy a helicopter and pilot (Eurocopter maybe) to sit on the deck and use it to set the scale for everything else .

See the link below for the main infuence on the boat i'm building though mine will be very different as it is after all an RC boat and so i want the weight to be kept as low as possible .

All i want is something like 1/75 or whatever but obviously i'd like a common scale so when the time comes i can find as many accessories as i like .

Pelorus

Thanks all .

R

RickF

Helen

The nearest "common" boat modelling scale to what you have would be 1:96 and is almost dead on. Aircraft modellers use 1:72, which should provide plenty of helicopters and pilots but would give a scale length of only 88 metres - if my maths is correct!

Rick

H

helen

Thanks RickF unfortunately i have already bought a 1:72 helicopter , anyway iv'e completely altered my approach . i printed off a profile pic of the Pelorus then traced the outline onto a seperate sheet of paper . The pic i have measures 20mm from water to rail and the Perkasa fibreglass hull i have measures 10 cm from water to rail , so i convert every 1 mm measurement to 1 cm then half the full measure to keep things in scale if that makes sense ?

10mm becomes 10cm then is halved to give actual length of 5cm . it's not rocket science but as i already have a hull and i don't intend building an exact replica it works for me . The beauty of the Pelorus is in its proportions not its detail , in fact if you take a look at Pelorus yacht Model you might think it is a little sterile and deviod of character ?

OK i just thought my mathematical simplicity might help someone but thanks again .