what scale ?

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
i have got myself confused - which is not hard my ?, is this iv built a 1/35 scale tadpole tanks with a tank figure in 28mm scale which looks OK, im looking fuel tins , but do they be in 28mm to go with the figure or 1/35. and what is 28 mm in old money ?????????????? thanks

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Got interested in the question, so I looked it up on Wikipedia and 28mm is equivilent to 1:72 to 1:76 scale or there abouts. Link here - Miniature figure (gaming) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps.

Tony.

C

CDW

yep that's right 28mm is just over an inch so is about 1/72nd scale

to get a 1/35th compatible figure 54mm would be ok.

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
At 1/72 scale, 28 mm works out to about 79 inches which is 6 foot 7 inches. It is oversize for an average figure, but it wouldn't show too much if your figure is wearing a helmet or if it's crouched or kneeling. As long as you don't stand them right next to true 1/72 figures or next to obvious size references - like a normal doorway on a house for instance - you'll probably not notice.

At 1/76 scale, 28 mm works out to about 84 inches which is 7 foot. Your figures would definitely look wrong compared to other figures in this scale.

Gern

C

CDW

just after i posted last night i noticed you'd said "i'm looking fuel tins" Stephen, if it's just the accessories you're wanting to add then 28mm will be ok for 1/72 and 54mm will be ok for 1/35.

There'll only be a minimum scale error difference in things like oil drums, boxes, buildings etc - the eye won't even probably pick it up if it in a diorama.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Simple reply is for the 1/35 scale tank you will want to look at 54mm figures.

for the 28mm figures you will want to be looking for 1/72 scale kits.

Ian M