What section for diorama builds.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just so I get things right. If a dio has a vehicle, some figures and a bit of a building does it all go in the diorama section from the start or does the vehicle build go in vehicles, the figures go in figures and then it all comes together in the diorama section at the end?
Jim

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Dave. That makes sense. I'll see if there are any other thoughts.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I have the same dilemma and have separated my builds and only show the groundwork from the beginning in the diorama section then fit all the built items in. Sound much better if all are done in the diorama section but if lets say a tank that sits in the dio takes a few pages to build it might seem its taking up diorama space that includes figures too.
Am I doing it right?

Cheers,
Richard

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just so I get things right. If a dio has a vehicle, some figures and a bit of a building does it all go in the diorama section from the start
Yes.
or does the vehicle build go in vehicles, the figures go in figures and then it all comes together in the diorama section at the end
No.
I have the same dilemma and have separated my builds and only show the groundwork from the beginning in the diorama section then fit all the built items in. Sound much better if all are done in the diorama section but if lets say a tank that sits in the dio takes a few pages to build it might seem its taking up diorama space that includes figures too.
Am I doing it right?

Cheers,
Richard
It is a way of doing it, but more often than not it does make the build disjointed.
It's one thing if you build a tank and after think I'll build a diorama for it. However if the plan was always to put it in a diorama then it should be in the diorama section from the start.

Having to 'suffer' a couple of pages of a relevant subject to the diorama, is more tolerable than endless pages of chit chat in a build thread that has little or nothing to do with the subject.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I seem to only build dioramas so just place the build from the start in that section , pleased to see that is right .( That's a first :smiling3:)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Ian, now I'll know what to do. Very clear.

Cheers,
Richard