What to do with this

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm working on a dio and I'm a bit stuck as what to do , im thinking of adding a barricade with troops checking out the area or leaving it as a road with the troops on the back of the tank and walking beside it

Here's the base with my tank the setting is the outskirts of a village View attachment 101395

these are my troops View attachment 101396

as you can see they are looking and checking out the area ahead

Over to you good people

image.jpg

image.jpg

T

Tibbs

Looks like you could have them getting ready to storm the little building, with the tank covering from the left hand side...... Is it going to be snowy?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have a Tamiya barricade set in 1/35 if you want it Al? It would look good in this setting.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks like you could have them getting ready to storm the little building, with the tank covering from the left hand side...... Is it going to be snowy?
That's an option but it would look like overkill using a tank as backup for a little building like that but I'll keep it in mind cheers Amos :smiling3:

\ said:
I have a Tamiya barricade set in 1/35 if you want it Al? It would look good in this setting.
Thanks mate but ive got that covered , I'm thinking of mixing some of this lot up View attachment 101397

thanks for the offer though mate I appreciate it :smiling3:
image.jpg

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
An advance squad checking out a forward area...luckily there was a mk iv doing nothing in the area???

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys :smiling3:

\ said:
Is that part of the Plus Model ruined farm ?
dustin yes it is the plus model , I like these as you can repair them easier:smiling3:

Cost a bit though

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thinking much the same as lee,moving in on a area that just dose not look right,:rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
thinking much the same as lee,moving in on a area that just dose not look right,:rolleyes:
That is my thinking , I might put another building at the other end like a barn , I'm replacing the PIV with my stug though :smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Alan first try putting that building in the top corner at a slight angle rather than being parallel to the edges, then if you chose to put a baracade in it can go where the building is now. I would tray a damaged anti tank gun either British or Russian, if you need one I have one you can have and a few dead Russian solders lying around.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan first try putting that building in the top corner at a slight angle rather than being parallel to the edges, then if you chose to put a baracade in it can go where the building is now. I would tray a damaged anti tank gun either British or Russian, if you need one I have one you can have and a few dead Russian solders lying around.
scott
Ive tried that Scott, it limits my room with what I've got to work with , I might put a barn off angle to alter the squareness of the base so it looks like the one end is at a 45 degree angle to the road :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, I used this excellent set of figures a while ago on here.... First I put them all on a Tiger tank for a dio....They do fit!

Then I used figures 1/2/and 4 in a ruined Auberge dio., called 'Hans, we are moving out!" so.....

How about moving the building to the left and putting on a slight angle, then use figures 1 and 4 looking away through the arch and the remainder on the tank set to the right of the base?

I would be inclined to keep it simple and not overload the model with too many figures.....

Another suggestion to the growing pile......

It'll be a cracker whatever you choose to do with it, and yet again I've grabbed a front seat to watch - and to all you others, I've bought all the popcorn:p

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Or, as above, with the addition of a hurriedly erected barricade across the road on the left, perhaps put there by the local resistance / partisans....This could be made of all sorts of stuff. Think of the fun you could have making things for it - tree trunks, anything.

Then keep the plastic barricades etc. for another time perhaps?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for you input ron but it won't work with the tank I want to put in , if it wasn't for the tank I could do loads of stuff so I'll have everything els at an angle with the troops spread out in a semicircle

Plus the building has to stay it's glued :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Or, as above, with the addition of a hurriedly erected barricade across the road on the left, perhaps put there by the local resistance / partisans....This could be made of all sorts of stuff. Think of the fun you could have making things for it - tree trunks, anything.
Ive got all the stuff to do that so I can do exactly that :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I don't know, how are we supposed to help, when you've only just now, let us know the bl***y building is stuck down.... ;)

So it's not the tank in the picture then? Interesting.....

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I don't know, how are we supposed to help, when you've only just now, let us know the bl***y building is stuck down.... ;)
So it's not the tank in the picture then? Interesting.....
It wood help wouldn't it mate , no I'm not using that tank now im thinking of using my stug , it got a lower profile so I can see more behind it , I'll put it at an angle to the right of the troops while they scout the area :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, as you are not going to use your Panzer tank, carrying troops, for your diorama, I feel safe in showing you my riders...If nothing else, just to show they do fit!

View attachment 104300

Cheers,

Ron

9020.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's a cracker mate I have another PIV so I might gat another box of these figures and do another one :smiling3: