What to do with this

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Alan, I hope you didn't mind me posting it on your thread. I was just showing the excellent poses on these Tamiya figures.

In the past, I have avoided Tamiya 1/35 figures, particularily the DAK one's. They are far too chunky coupled with huge boots - more like wellingtons!

However, the set you have here are excellent and the poses are first class.

Build on.....

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No problem at all mate it's always helpful to see other builds :smiling3:

I had been looking for poses like these for ages you don't get too many like this their usually fighting or walking poses

First Name
Aaron
I don't want to be a party pooped but if scale is important then the sandbag set isn't suitable they are grossly over scaled. Looks like it's going to be an awesome diorama.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
may i ask Aaron what size do you do your sand bags at ? plz :rolleyes:

as i think my turn out about 5mm H x10mm W x 15mm L, ?

and then the other thing is what colors do you use and that one always stumps me ?

\ said:
I don't want to be a party pooped but if scale is important then the sandbag set isn't suitable they are grossly over scaled. Looks like it's going to be an awesome diorama.

First Name
Aaron
This info was shared to me by an ex soldier who claimed the solders wouldnt be able to lift Tamiya sandbags if they were scaled up. I have no idea on the measurements a correct scale would be, I could do some research if you wish. I go for a sand/buff colour trying to recreate a sack look.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do agree they seem a bit on the big side,as you said,i have never tried to get the distentions of one ? :rolleyes:

and scale it down,to 1.35,

the color sounds about right and it would depend on how much there going through as well to alter the color,

so no real right or wrong, ;)

N

noble

Hi Alan what if yo simply put a big tree in the space, I can send you one of my tree frames if you'd like.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan what if yo simply put a big tree in the space, I can send you one of my tree frames if you'd like.
scott
Not sure where I'd put it mate , I do want to put some greenery in this but I hadn't thought about a tree

How much do you want for it mate ?

N

noble

\ said:
Not sure where I'd put it mate , I do want to put some greenery in this but I hadn't thought about a tree
How much do you want for it mate ?
You can have one mate no problem, I will send it to you as just the wire frame and my patented bark scratcher as well as instructions on creating the bark. You can attach the foliage yourself, just pm me your address and I will send it down.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You can have one mate no problem, I will send it to you as just the wire frame and my patented bark scratcher as well as instructions on creating the bark. You can attach the foliage yourself, just pm me your address and I will send it down.
scott
Are you sure mate at least let me pay P&P :smiling3: