What's next?

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Hi chaps, now my Yamato is getting near to completion my mind has wondered onto what's next I have 1/200 HMS Hood and 1/350 HMS Dreadnaught in my stash but I fancy a change from ships, I like detailed fairly difficult builds and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions ?
Brian

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
What kind of direction are you thinking?
And by difficult do you mean pure dog of a kit that needs more filler and sanding, or just fiddly and over engineered with lots of small parts?

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Hi Karl the latter mate I like fiddly stuff direction, not too sure my father drove a centurion in the early fifty's so a Tank would hold some interest :smiling3:
Brian

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
AFV Club do a few Centurions, they're usually satisfying to build.
There's an older Tamiya one too but that was designed around the twin motor gear box that made it RC. (Cabled)
There's also a 1/25 Tamiya one, but hard to find at a reasonable price, and the one I did had no tracks in the box.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
AFV Club do a few Centurions, they're usually satisfying to build.
There's an older Tamiya one too but that was designed around the twin motor gear box that made it RC. (Cabled)
There's also a 1/25 Tamiya one, but hard to find at a reasonable price, and the one I did had no tracks in the box.
Thanks for your suggestions I will have a look :smiling3: I am also a star wars fan :smiling3:
Brian

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
As Karl says, AFV Club does a whole range of Centurions, and they are pretty good kits but with a good number of fiddly parts (because it’s AFV Club :smiling3: ) so that sounds like it would be right up your alley.

The old Tamiya one and its Academy clone aren’t very good, and best left alone — it’s about 50 years old by now, and that showed 30 years ago, never mind today. There are also some by Amusing Hobby but I don’t know how good they are, as I’ve never seen one, let alone built it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOT Bri i was hopein to see you do that hms hood you just cant upsticks an leave the floaty section just like that as its the dark side an it dont let you go very easy at all lol :rolling: :tongue-out3::tongue-out3::smiling5::smiling5: but if you into starwars then you can be forgiven but when you done the model you have ordered id like to see you build a star desroyer in a fair sized scale
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just looked and it's a August release and only 90 parts:sad:
HI BRI well only 90 bits you would have that done in a week so go for a big star derouyer in a big scale lol :rolling: ;):smiling:
chrisb

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES VERY acceptable Bri lol but how many parts in 1/72 an how big ?
chrisb

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Item dimensions L x W x H 59.2 x 40.4 x 20.3 centimetres
600+ parts led lights too
59.2 x 40.4 x 20.3 centimetres
WOW YES Bri go for that an lights is a bonus wow wow what with Peter airfix building a big enterprise like mine an you building this we will have some crackin modeles bein built on here wow wow
chrisb