What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now I'll have to build and paint the bloody figures.
Or: fix the gun to the diorama base and have personal equipment strewn about as if the crew left the scene in a great hurry.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You have done a great job so far Boss and the kit looks very detailed......I don't want to sound negative and it's nothing personal towards you, but it appears you didn't follow the golden rule of model building Ian..."Please read carefully and fully understand the destructions before starting the assembly of this kit"...

Now in your defense, I looked at all my Border Model kits in the stash and none of them have this statement in the destructions either...

Prost
Allen

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
but it appears you didn't follow the golden rule of model building Ian..."Please read carefully and fully understand the destructions before starting the assembly of this kit"...
In my defence your Honour, Normally 'important' things are right by the build step that is relevant, not at the end of the section. Or at least marked as important and not just casually almost as a 'did you know'.

The badest (?) thing is that the smallest of alteration to a handful of parts and it could be made to open and fold.
Its not because I play with them I just like the option to display them differently from time to time.
Oh well onward and outward.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I fully understand that Ian. The funny thing is the kit is made in 2022 and brand new. One would think they would have their act together with destructions. Then again Dragon doesn't either...

I do hope the rest of the build goes smoothly and without any hitches. The court has decided to let you off with a warning this time, but are still out and undecided on your playing with them......

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Painted and detailed these Opels, made some tarps out of single ply Kleenex tissue.....first attempt with this stuff. I normally use tissue for wrapping gifts.....it too is single ply but much thicker and not as absorbent as Kleenex. With the Kleenex, you can achieve a more "relaxed" look but it is very fiddly to work with as it separates easily when wet.P1012489.JPGP1012490.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Love those 6700's Bro!!! Tissue tarps are fantastic too!!! Excellent job Rick......Now go and shovel the walkway and front steps.........

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not funny Dr. Dewire!!....... -7 deg.(F) today with over a foot of accumulated snow......been pushing every day for the last three days. Gimme a break already! I sure am glad it is "Thirsty" Thursday today....I'll get my weekly dose of anti freeze (Whiskey) and a nice Ribeye steak for dinner! :cool: :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I feel ya Bro! 6° C here right now, snow is gone and we didn't do Stammtisch tonight either. Thursdays are always great days for a good meal and some cold ones at Brauerei Wagner. Been doing it on Thursdays since 1993...

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nice!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Always enjoy Japanese & Italian naval architecture.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Mark!!! That is very impressive stuff with the etch work and decking Sir!!! And in that scale too!!!......I'd go blind...Happy holidays and please don't tell us you have gone over to the other side too.............

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Wow Mark!!! That is very impressive stuff with the etch work and decking Sir!!! And in that scale too!!!......I'd go blind...Happy holidays and please don't tell us you have gone over to the other side too.............

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, the other side! No just an excursion.think the next build will have tracks or wheels.

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
Since 2022 has pretty much been a washout for me on the modeling front, I decided to try to build something useful, quick, and was also one of my Christmas presents, so......

52588815665_10a8ffa806_b.jpg

52588169137_06d84c3d3f_b.jpg

At least it involves cutting and gluing plastic........and no worries about crappy decals or the correct FS or RLM color!:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
Well, the rivet counting on the glue bottle holder checked out and it was deemed worthy of building. :smiling3: :smiling3:
All eight pieces practically fell together. Though adequate, the instructions did not include a history of the glue holder, and you can only build one version from the box, which is something of a downer.

52589766261_cb183f3128_b.jpg

At least I managed to finish it!

This will be next on the bench and is another Christmas present.

52588899038_f969a74a17_b.jpg

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
sorry if it in the wrong place but its on the Bench, i was thinking about this tool tidy for awhile so today after much thought i came up with this holder for my most common tools,
made from some 6mm ply, plastic conduit,15mm copper pipe, the large black bits are out of adjustable kitchen unit legs cut in two and some large rawl plugs all built into an old piece of plasti J board used for UPVC window cills. Needs a paint and a back but that might be a while
So what you think?

simon

197C01B0-4FA1-43FB-985E-1B7BFF419E06.jpegFD0869DC-C3A4-4FF9-8A8E-6F663511BA7B.jpegCF927DC9-43CA-4369-B3EB-35AFE9DFCB9A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.