What's this for?

P

periscope

This long strip is in the Seawolf kit but I can't find it on the plan - just wondered if it's for cutting up to make parts number 6.2 and 6.4 (locating plates and screw doublers) for joining the two halves of the rear bodywork together. I don't want to cut it up if it's for something I need later - does anyone know??

Ian

View attachment 13309

Longstrip.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

mmm possible it is for both,

Look on the plans again, it may be drawn on there but not labelled, just measure the width of whatever outline is showing if any and the width of the strip...you may get your answer. If you try it out as rear body joiners first as stated (without cutting it) and then look to see how much you have left over, the remaining bit is probably for your locating plates/screw doublers as suggested.

I have seen model aircraft kits like this where all is not immediately obvious at first but with a little measuring it all comes to light.

Hope this helps

Regards.....Mark

A

adzam

Hi ian, you shoul dbe able to do as Mark says above, take teh measurements and go through the materials list at the back of the instructions and see if it tally`s up with anything

P

periscope

Thanks Mark and Chris - good suggestion - I'll try that.

Ian

A

ajg141

Ian

There should be a strip that runs on top of the hull from behind the conning tower to the rear of the WTC. Could this be it?

Andrew

P

periscope

Hi Andrew - nope, the strip on the top of the hull was cut out at the beginning - it was attached to the inner tray, the part number is 9.3. This other strip is two and a half times longer than that and is only half the width.

Ian