When you get asked by a modelling brand to build a model for their website

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I was recently in communication with fly over spare decals for their 1/32 Ar 234B-2 kit which had some defective decals, and they kindly replaced it.

However, I am am still in shock, as they asked me to build it up and send photos of my finished product so they could post it up on their "web". Never been in this situation before.

Has anyone had something like this before? 

and should I take it up or decline it?

I am just nervous at everyone looking at my work online on the kit manufacturers' website....

Cheers, John

Last edited:
D

dubster72

Everyone on here looks at (and enjoys) your work John, no difference to being on the Fly webpage.

Why not say yes in principal & wait until the kit is finished? Post it here & anywhere else you frequent and see what feedback you get.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Everyone on here looks at (and enjoys) your work John, no difference to being on the Fly webpage.

Why not say yes in principal & wait until the kit is finished? Post it here & anywhere else you frequent and see what feedback you get.

cheers mate, good point, it's just that I have found bad experiences abroad this forum...

Will then take it up, but will leave the time period to be confirmed

Last edited:
N

noble

go for it mate, I was asked by our local model shop to build the the t28 Trojan red bull. They still have it on display, go for it mate you do great work and others will get enjoyment from it.

D

dougie

Just go for it. I got asked to be the subject of a short film for Canon photography gear once.  Was well worth it for the freebies and the weekend was a lot of fun for me and my mates

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Congrats John, what an offer,your build are very good,I remember your Me,262,from the Expo,and that was a great build,I would go for it, :D

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow! What an honour. It's an opportunity you'll regret taking if you don't accept...grab it with both hands. And don't forget to keep us up to date on it.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

thanks fellas, certainly will do it, and they have given me time to do it before the end of this year which gives me ample time  :smiling3: