where to buy future

J

jeffsinclair

hi guys, has anyone got any idea where i can get future in england? I bought some in morrisons a couple of years back, but i moved and lost it and now i can't find any more. Is there an alternative? i love the stuff, it's great on canopies.

hope someone can help

jeff

A

alan2525

Tesco sell bottles of it - Johnson Wax - Klear

I think it's called Future Wax in the US and Johnsons Klear over in the UK.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
hello alan2525:it is widely available in the US I'm certain that there are several

QUOTE=alan2525;32739]Tesco sell bottles of it - Johnson Wax - Klear

I think it's called Future Wax in the US and Johnsons Klear over in the UK.[/quote

I:m certain that lot's of online retailers carry this item and would ship. Right now I'm on vacation and typing on a really small moto Q ! Please let me know if I can help you guys out!

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
yes it is called future and lots of stores overhere carry it

T

tag

I got mine from Tesco's and some cleaner with ammonia from a chepo shop if you didnt know its ammonia that removes it for cleaning airbrushes etc or mistakes

S

Spyderman_uk

Sorry if I'm reopening an old thread but what is this Future and what do you guys use it for?

T

tag

Hi spidy

klear is used for sealing laminate floors

But for models use it as a sealer I have used it as a mask on canopies etc as its removed easily with anything contained ammonia just chepo stuff also leaves a dry but oily looking satin finish and can be tinted with acriyics

Really useful stuff can be brushed or sprayed self levelling although Iv'e never used it for decals have read its good for beddding them down as well

Well worth experimenting with

S

Spyderman_uk

Cheers Tone!

Will look out for some.

I really must make a list of things to get that would be useful as I have a very single track mind, Oi no tittering at the back, and can only remember one thing at a time!:nono:

Terry

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
and it makes my toe nails sparkle. Um, maybe should not say this.......:lame:

Its the absolute bomb for canopies. I've actually wet sanded and old airfix HE 177 canopy and it filled in all of the pitting and made t look like glass! Please try to find this stuff!!!! Its called Klear and its made by SC Johnson wax.

S

Spyderman_uk

It sounds ideal as I have a few old model cars that could do with a spruce up. Screens and paint have gone very flat.:thumbs-up

Terry

B

backonthecase

In case this thread's still looked at, I got mine at Wilkinson online.

Stuart

B

Bunkerbarge

If you put Kleer or Future in the search facility you will see we have talked about this product quite a lot over the years.

It is also widely used to provide a gloss surface for attaching transfers before putting a matt finish over therm afterwards.

B

Bazza

The future is bright.

Hi guys, I hope this link works, it tells you all you need to know about Future a.k.a. Kleer.

The Complete Future

Pure liquid gold.

Cheers, hope you enjoy :smiling3:

Bazza

S

Spyderman_uk

Wow, thanks Bazza! That is a very useful site, I have now bookmarked it.:music_too

M

motorwinter

Re Future

\ said:
Sorry if I'm reopening an old thread but what is this Future and what do you guys use it for?
Hi Spyderman.

Try this link it's a great article on future (Johnstons Klear in the UK) and the products related to it, The Complete Future

by the way do you or any other members know where I could get a selection of high resolution drawings or photos of generic aviation instruments to reduce in size to be used on model instrument panels.

Thanks.

P

Panzervitiger

Future

:knight:Try to get the Johnson Klear. I had bought 2, at £2.40 each, from my local ASDA 2 days ago. It is worth a try.:dancing1:

\ said:
hi guys, has anyone got any idea where i can get future in england? I bought some in morrisons a couple of years back, but i moved and lost it and now i can't find any more. Is there an alternative? i love the stuff, it's great on canopies.hope someone can help

jeff

B

Bluewavestudios

If you have a Home Bargains or Instore shop near you (same company) they also stock it at £2.39 a bottle.

Regards...Mark