Where to buy Graupner boats??

M

mike harris

Hello

I am new to model boating but my dad has some experience. I am looking for a quite fast kit to build to go on holiday to france with to play in the lakes.

I have had a look at the Graupner Beata in a magazine but i carn't find it anywhere in the UK. Can anyone help me or does anyone have any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks Mike

:regards:

M

magpie

HelloI am new to model boating but my dad has some experience. I am looking for a quite fast kit to build to go on holiday to france with to play in the lakes.

I have had a look at the Graupner Beata in a magazine but i carn't find it anywhere in the UK. Can anyone help me or does anyone have any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks Mike

:regards:
Hi Mike

I just had a look using Google search and found 2 sites where you can buy them.

Here are the links.

http://www.cmc-versand.de/index.php?p=artikel_deteil.php&arnr=6-2024

http://www.hmbc.nl/merk/graupner.html

Regards

Jason

B

Bunkerbarge

Firstly welcome to the Scale Models forum where I hope that you will find a friendly bunch of people willing to share and help out wherever we can. Also please feel free to contribute your own experiences whenever you wish.

As for your search, start by giving these guys a call:

http://www.amodelworld.co.uk/

If they don't have what you want they will almost certainly be able to get it for you and they are one of the cheapest outlets in the UK. They will also give you usefull advice as to alternative models to suit your requirements.

M

mike harris

Thank you guysPlease could you tell me magpie if you can get the German website you gave me into English because the prices there are a lot cheaper than in the UK.Thanks mike

B

Bunkerbarge

If you go directly to:

www.graupner.com

You should find that it automatically directs you to an English site.

I would still talk to the guys at A Model World though as they bring in kits from Germany to keep the costs right down. You may find that if you buy directly from Graupner by the time you have had it individualy shipped there may not be quite such a saving.

M

mike harris

Hi

I hav been on the model world web site and i feel that the graupner boats are too expensive for my first boat, but i have had a look at the robbe boats and they look quite resonable

Does anyone have any opinions on them

B

Bunkerbarge

All the big manufacturers do a range of models to suit most tastes.

Robbe kits are just as good as Graupner, especially for the kind of thing you are looking for.

It is also worth keeping an eye on the RC Boats section of Ebay.

B

BigJBB

Nice easy kit

Hello all, Mike good to see you've caught the bug! Enjoy th eforum there's plenty of experience here to give you swift and knowledgable answer. My first kit was a Graupner "Fuchs" harbour boat. A nice easy build which siled very well but due to my incompetences as an electronics person I got carried away and had the deck crane operational (on my first build) I know MAD!!! these failed and I lost the model while trying to remedy the faults. @#$# ed up the hull when trying to prise apart. Now doing a second version of it as I really liked it and was very reasonably priced from A Model World. To put that in perspective 90quid + all the necessary add-ons I reckon I spent close on 180quid from the local model shop, now no longer, and from the two Marks at A Model World only 36quid for the basic kit and a further 15 for the motor. The beauty of this is it can happily run on 5 x AA batteries or larger C cells. So to re-cap I would certainly recommend both the kit and the on-line supplier mentioned. Attached are a couple of photos , one of th ekit contents and the other is of the original completed kit. Go on you know you want to and the beauty of it is the handling is good and transport easy too.

cheers

Jim

View attachment 14188

View attachment 14189

100_5730.JPG

Fuchs II Harbour Boat.JPG

M

magpie

Hi again Mike.

The guys have answered your question to me very nicely so I'll leave it at that. BTW. I forgot to say my welcome to the site and the hobby. I'm a total lunatic when it comes to my model boats. They come first in my world. Well, my doggies first then family THEN the boats. Must get your priorities right aye?

If you have half as much fun as me, you love it too!!!!

Jason

K

Kiwi

Unless things have changed in the last few years you cannot buy direct from Graupner. I called in to the actual factory a few years ago looking to buy a electric sailplane and they directed me to Weixler Flugmodelbau in the town of Kircheim/Teck at Dettinger Strasse 11(the Graupner factory is about 2 km on the outskirts of town.) Graupner are wholesale only.

N

noobee captain

www.amodelworld.co.uk is the cheapest place to buy kits in the UK. Don't forget your local model shop and local boat club. They made have some second hand boats for sale and these are great to get you to the pond side while building is in progress. They also have help and advice on what to do and how.

James