where to purchase 350 scale anchors for H.M.S. Hood

First Name
Louis
Where can i purchase anchors for 350 scale H.M.S. Hood, I have been going mad trying to find some in England, every web site seem's to be Yankee!!!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I only know 1/350 anchors in photoetch metal but in that scale they look kind of flat. Sorry not much help.

Cheers,
Wabble

First Name
Louis
I only know 1/350 anchors in photoetch metal but in that scale they look kind of flat. Sorry not much help.

Cheers,
Wabble
thanks Wabble, you woudn't have thought it was that difficult to get hold of an anchor, i reckon if all else fails i will try and make one. thanks again,

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
thanks Wabble, you woudn't have thought it was that difficult to get hold of an anchor, i reckon if all else fails i will try and make one. thanks again,
Yes, always thought England having a proud naval history would have a cottage industry for this hobby.

Cheers,
Wabble

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark

Cheers,
Wabble
I know some manufacturers suggest giving a few coats of pva to add some body to them

First Name
Louis

Many anchors , and many of the people there can rescale their 3d prints for you , I didn't look all the way thru , but saw a few nations warship anchors.

This one is narrowed down further @ https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/ships?q=anchor+hood&sort=&facet[pdcId][]=150&facet[price][min]=1&facet[price][max]=2500&facet[price][from]=1&facet[price][to]=2500
Thank's for the link, i had already seen these product's but once again they appear to be in America!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Do you know how big they need to be. Length and width.
Then its a case of a Radio control shop that does boats and you will 100% find something you can use. If you email and ask they can probably tell you which ones you would need to buy.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Thank's for the link, i had already seen these product's but once again they appear to be in America!!!
Apologies. shapeways were shipping to UK , they get a local affiliate printer normally to do that country's print jobs, or did, looks like they are no longer doing that.

Even this company https://brigademodels.co.uk/Shapeways/index.html have shut down their Shapeways store. Guess imports etc ( lots got printed in a Netherlands print farm for EU orders ) are too much grief now.

This guy is on Shapeways , and makes lots of Royal Naval bits n pieces , and is based in New Zealand , https://www.facebook.com/groups/MicroMaster/ has lots of good reviews if you cant get a uk/eu dealer with what you need.

Last edited: