Which 1/72 BAC Lightning kit? Trumpeter?

M

munkster

Have a hankering for a 1/72 Lightning kit and looks like Trumpeter kits are reasonably well regarded - anyone got any experience of them? There seems to be more than one Lightning kit by Trumpeter too - will they all be the same mouldings or are any to be avoided would anyone say?

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome! Cheers.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi munkster, ive heard that the trumpeter lightnings are very nice kits but some of the more picky reviewers commented that the shape of the engines round the rear fuselage was wrong. I think you can get a resin correction set if you really wanted to but for someone like me ,who isnt a rivet counter, it would probably be near enough. The only other advice i can give is that in 1/72 ,its a bit of a minefield for lightnings- The old hasegawa one is a re-issue of the old frog mould, the revell one is a re-issue of the aforementioned hasegawa/frog mould, the airfix moulds are ancient and very basic,and the matchbox one isnt too bad but suffers from the usual overdeep panel lines and simplified details. SOOO, basically the trumpy ones are the best bet. Hope this hasnt made your head spin! cheers tony

M

munkster

Nah, that seems to be what I'd gleaned from an internet sweep on the subject, but just wanted to get the take from here - and as always there's good sense to be had from you guys, thanks a lot - may well invest - or... my birthday's coming up if anyone's feeling generous :lol