"Which way did they go, tracker?"

S

Sky Raider

A Friesian horse, looks so much better than the Aberdeen Angus mate, Wheres that woman with the ice creams, she hasnt been round yet and im out of Kiora 'Umbong'

Nice recovery old pal.

Andy

C

CDW

\ said:
..but as they would be too expensive to post to Scotland, bring them to Cosford and we'll eat his share at the picnic table by the cafe!.
Sooooooooooo ....... technically i lose out then ...... hmmmm ........ gutted :smiling3:

I'm now trying to justify 570 mile round trip and £110 of fuel just to claim my eccles cake:smiling3:

\ said:
..Colin, thanks for confirming the feathers question and the extra info.
No problems, if i get too boring just tell me to shut me pie-hole:smiling3:

C

CDW

Top job Auld yin :smiling3: , very well painted.

They occupied the mountains and plains of Arizona for the most part and were particularly dark/bronzed skinned so he looks about right if you ask me.

Most Apache men often cut their hair back to shoulder length, although this wasn't the case for the plains people who let it grow and braided it to keep it manageable ... his hair is about right to period photos.

I'm liking this build ... i'm liking it a lot :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

*edit*

As an extra and something i meant to bore you with, sorry, comment on :smiling3: ... i like the way the horses tail is tied up, the apache warriors used to do this when they were preparing for a battle, some times they tied a rabbits tail to the horses tail for good luck so if you wanted you could just glue a bit of white fluff on the tail for total authenticity.

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Never ever think your input to my - or anyone elses - thread boring. We all do research into the model of the moment, be it the correct cammo colours, right through the spectrum to an Apache's hair style...

So keep it coming Colin, there is always space to learn, no matter what the subject.

Glad you like me man. Consider the horse's fluffy bit done, and thanks for the information, I'm learning so much from your posts......

Ron

W

Waffen Bucks

Great paintwork and wonderful diorama setting. Have really injoyed this thread and it's amazing what you find out, regarding differing Apache hairstyles etc. Great work Ron.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Ron.

I saw a 1/35 scale Grizzly bear on the interweb t'other day and thought of you. I mean your diorama.

Historicus Forma :: Bear in 1/35 from a New Manufacturer

Might look OK filling a gap if you have one. A bit pricey though. Maybe a visit to toys R us might turn something cheaper up...

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great posts chaps.....

Ian, I doubt the tracker would be on his knees examining horse droppings with a big grizzly a few feet from him! lol. But thanks for the link. What a crazy price too!

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
you could just glue a bit of white fluff on the tail for total authenticity.
At last! A use for that belly-button fluff you collected last year Ron!

Gern

PS Fabulous work as usual.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Dave, you've got a good memory.......For an old geezer!!

Not much progress of late 'cos I've had other things on my mind!!!!

However, deciding to work from the top down, I've made a start on the top waterfalls....I didn't want a vast amount piling over the edge, just a reasonable flow. Made from clear silicone and a small nail....I still have to blend in the piece of plastic around the pool edge - you can just see the raw edge on photo 2 - before going further down stream working with the silicone.

I'm pleased with the reflections I've managed to achieve too!

Here are the initial stages. I hope you approve of this latest addition. As alway all comments, good, bad or even in between always welcome.....

Cheers chaps,

Ron

View attachment 61833

View attachment 61834

Which way tracker. 084.jpg

Which way tracker. 086.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I hate to be a party pooper Ron - especially on such a superb piece of work - but shouldn't the surface of the pool show some ripples as there's water flowing into it?

I wouldn't change it myself 'cos I don't know how and I'd be perfectly satisfied with it as is, but you might come up with summat .....

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the compliment and excellent observation Dave, but you haven't caught me out......Yet!

As I wrote, the pictures are of the top waterfall and where the water hits the rocks directly below the fall. I have yet to do any work on the pool area. I'm hoping that even when I've done the 'ripples' there will still be flat water for some reflections...

So this time, I saw your trip wire......Triple Eccles cakes now! lol

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

Some people are never happy eh Ron, you get a fantastic water surface and are halfway through tricklin' some water into it and Dave comes along and tells you threre's no ripples ... whats the world comin' to?

I'll bet he'll be there at cosford snaffling half my well earned eccles cake that i can't get down to claim.

And another thing .... he never brings his own popcorn :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

In other news ... the diorama's coming together nicely and between you and me i was going to say the same as Dave about the ripples but he beat me to it and you seem to have it in hand as per usual :smiling3: :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Some people are never happy eh Ron, you get a fantastic water surface and are halfway through tricklin' some water into it and Dave comes along and tells you threre's no ripples ... whats the world comin' to? I'll bet he'll be there at cosford snaffling half my well earned eccles cake that i can't get down to claim.

And another thing .... he never brings his own popcorn :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

In other news ... the diorama's coming together nicely and between you and me i was going to say the same as Dave about the ripples but he beat me to it and you seem to have it in hand as per usual :smiling3: :smiling3:
An' you think you're hard done by Colin - just 'cos you're missin' out? I don't eat Eccles cakes but I still have to buy 'em! I believe it's my membership fee for the Cosford branch of the forum. :lol

Gern

PS I'm not too keen on popcorn either.

PPS I only post these comments on Ron's dios 'cos I know he'd be unhappy if someone didn't give him a problem to wriggle his way out of!

C

CDW

\ said:
PPS I only post these comments on Ron's dios 'cos I know he'd be unhappy if someone didn't give him a problem to wriggle his way out of!
I'm going steady on him now he's got to "that" age :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
My goodness we have a double conspiracy......But you really must try harder if you want to succeed in tripping this old f**t up!

Cheers chaps,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I still think that you get Mrs spanner to pour water over things while you snap a few photos off!

Looks good Ron.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Looking great Ron. I anitipated the ripple effect will follow as you do. Be patient Dave Ron aint no spring chicken anymore and it takes him a little longer these days to make ripples so he will have no chance anymore of making waves haha.

Andy