White star buff

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
can anyone help me with acheiving a good color for white star buff as it would have been on the titanic there is web site that i use for such things but i wonder i any body can come up with a better color match.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Rivet Counter

Err that is not a comment towards you but a link to a web site. Having posted the link and saw that it just said Rivet counter, I thought an explanation was called for lol

Remember Google is your friend...

Ian M

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
thanks ever so much it will be a great help for me

cheers peter

B

blitzbob

Humbrol 63 with a dash of white. amount depending on the scale. I had a part tin that came from a crew member of M V Britannic some years back. thats as close as you get. Fed up with seeing yellow on models of the Big T.

hope this helps.

bob

president British Titanic Society

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
thanks for your tip bob so i,ve done a sample funnel in the way you suggested here is the result,s let me know how close i got.the black paint is not gloss but still wet matt.

cheers and many thanks peter

View attachment 53464

100_0259.jpg

B

blitzbob

yes thats good, not far out. the funnels were given a fresh coat before each round trip. how are you going to plate it? card or plastic?

i look forward to seeing how you get on.

bob

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
i'am not to sure yet as its only an experimental one so i'am going to build one out of card to see what it turns out like,but i might build the oylimpic in her war time dazzel paint but iam undecided yet so any help and pointers would be welcome,as i still have to finish my hmhs britannic.

thanks peter