Why I Don't Throw "rubbish" Away.

D

delmonteman

I've finally gone and bought myself a kit of my car (S2000) and want to make it as close to mine as possible. Now, my highly mature sense of taste prompted me to fit a subtle (read lairy) spoiler a few months back, so I wanted to add one to the model. Thought about it for a few days and then found this in my paints box. No idea what it is. No idea where it came from. But with a bit of sanding down, it won't be a million miles off what I want it to look like. Moral of the story? Don't chuck random bits of plastic away!DSC_0182.JPG

DSC_0183.JPG

J

John Rixon

\ said:
I don't but I am going to get a box and I will label it "Random Shite"
I have at least five boxes like that, and 3 drawers...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I had to thin down three boxes of model parts, old computer parts, pots, torch parts and God knows what else as I had more spares than proper models!

I found it difficult to part with such junk but when you cannot move for it, it is time to let some go...then regret it.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do tend to keep bits and bobs for that same reason,

but how they do add up,but just cannot bring myself to bin them,as soon

as you do you need it,:rolleyes:

zuludog

SMF Supporter
Recently I saw something in a shop window. It was one of the old square biscuit tins; plain, but with these instructions:-

MAN BOX

1) Fill box

2) Place on a high shelf

3) Retrieve box after seventeen years

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
ive got boxes and boxes of spare bits....never know when you are going to need something

D

Deleted member 4203

\ said:
ive got boxes and boxes of spare bits....never know when you are going to need something
I agree, I hardly ever throw out spare parts -- Especially clear pieces. :D :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i once did a whiff launcher for a ZELL plane........used all sorts of scrap.........when i posted it on a forum i had someone ask what i had used, had to do a breakdown.....never throw any thing useful away cos it will comein handy

10mtths.jpg

D

demon

I build dragon ship kits and you get a lot of bits not neaded I keep them in a box never to be used but I dare not chuck them coz I know the moment I do I'll need them

Roger

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some of you may remember I created an armoured personnel carrier from an old vacuum cleaner last year My brother was disposing of an old printer so I took it and cannibalised it for bits.

Lots of good stuff for generators and machinery:

DSC02375.JPG

But the best part is they came in this box:

DSC02376.JPG

DSC02378.JPG

A bit of plasticard for a base and a few sci-fi figures and I've got the start of a dio:

DSC02377.JPG

M

-Matt-

\ said:
I reckon we should have a random shite competition. Build something wacky with just parts from the spares box
This would suggest singular... This is an unknown concept!

I have I think, 4 underbed storage boxes, nearly an entire spare room of shelving and a good number of boxes in the shed full of random bits of other things that I've taken apart over the years. Radios were a favourite when I was a kid, I still will have bits of them somewhere I expect. Printers are more common now, I have bits of VCR's and all sorts.

And this is without venturing into the stuff stored in various places in my little workshop at my parents house, there you'll find all sorts of bits of "this will come in handy".

This thread is doing no good for my love of hoarding stuff. It's an excuse to say I don't have a problem :P

-Matt-