Winter camo

J

John Rixon

Right, my Nashorn is built and base coated. I'm planning on doing a late winter finish - ie lime washe, much of it worn away and filthy. Rust, algae, all the trimmings! My question is, would the crew have painted the gun behind the armour shield white? Or, and this is my suspicion, would it have been the original Dunkelgelb in the fighting compartment? I shall be using chipping fluid and Mig's washable white, with Vallejo white as well, am really concerned about all the delicate mechanism of the Pak 43, as beautifully detailed by Tamiya - scrubbing away with a toothbrush will destroy most of it!image.jpeg

D

dubster72

I would very much doubt that the interior (including the gun) would see any whitewash John.

If the crew feared detection from aircraft, they'd cover the gap with a white or grey tarpaulin.

J

John Rixon

Yeah, that's certainly my feeling, and I think I'm gonna go with it. I'd like to concentrate on chipping and weathering the gun mechanism - I've found an awesom set of pics of a Pak 43 - 8.8cm_pak_43-41_035_of_140.jpg

which will be a useful guide. Full set to be found here - in fact, if you have a look around that site, its a pretty amazing resource!

Thanks for the input.

D

dubster72

A lot of great pics on there John - that'll make for some interesting research :smiling3: