Winter Conflict afteramath

K

Kieran

Hello finaly its time to begin the Dio (My first ever dio)

i cut the basic shape from foam

tank used for scale

I have now mixed in some paint with the grit and coverd it in a base.

its now drying.

will post the result after its finished drying,

Last edited:
K

Kieran

The basecoat/Texture paint is almost dried.

after its dried,

will be airbrushing a dark brown undercoat.

D

dubster72

If that's just normal foam, you might have a problem getting the tank to 'sit' on it properly Kieran. It might kinda look perched on the base, which isn't a good look for a 70 tonne tank! Have a look at my King Tiger dio to see what I mean.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/dioramas/9338-last-line-defence-outside-berlin-1945-lots-pictures-2.html

Cheers

Patrick

K

Kieran

\ said:
If that's just normal foam, you might have a problem getting the tank to 'sit' on it properly Kieran. It might kinda look perched on the base, which isn't a good look for a 70 tonne tank! Have a look at my King Tiger dio to see what I mean. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/dioramas/9338-last-line-defence-outside-berlin-1945-lots-pictures-2.html

Cheers

Patrick
Wow your Dio looks really good

hopefully mine will come less than half of what yours looks.

The foam am using is XPS foam, or the Pinkstuff

am using the blue kind. lol

P

Polux

Looks very nice so far, I will watch this one!!

Have fun

Polux

D

dubster72

\ said:
Wow your Dio looks really goodhopefully mine will come less than half of what yours looks.

The foam am using is XPS foam, or the Pinkstuff

am using the blue kind. lol
Cheers Kieran, I had a lot of fun making it & was happy with how it turned out.

Patrick

K

Kieran

Added the Overcoat of earthbrown. using a mix of gamesworkshops Brown and tamiyas Black and flat earth

more to come!

K

Kieran

Thanks guys for your kind words.

I have now added a light spray of white to frost up to make the earth look cold and hard.

i have lightened the area more in the corner where the frozen Patch of water will be.

Next step.

adding the snow!

K

Kieran

Adding first layer of snow.

tamiyas Snow effect paint

Last edited:
D

dubster72

That looks really good Kieran, I've never used the Tamiya stuff, too much of a penny-pincher to spend money!

Cheers

Patrick

K

Kieran

This is the 95% completed Dio

still got iceslurry water to do, and possible tank riders.

Being my first ever dio, and first time with an airbrush and second tank

i think its turned out ok.

defo room for improvment though!

practice and expereince is the key.

thanks your kind words and here it is.

Winter Conflict Aftermath

Last edited:
P

Polux

Really nice first diorama!! I see all Ok, congratulations!!

The winter paint work in the tank is fantastic.

Have fun

D

dubster72

I think you should be proud of that Kieran! It's a damn good stab at building your 1st dio & 2nd tank, you should have seen some of my early disasters!

Only thing I'd point out is what looks like snow or ice on the KT's exhausts - that's not gonna happen unless it's been sitting there for ages!

Onto the next one now eh? ;)

Cheers

Patrick

K

Kieran

\ said:
I think you should be proud of that Kieran! It's a damn good stab at building your 1st dio & 2nd tank, you should have seen some of my early disasters!Only thing I'd point out is what looks like snow or ice on the KT's exhausts - that's not gonna happen unless it's been sitting there for ages!

Onto the next one now eh? ;)

Cheers

Patrick
thank you

haha yes, i applied the snow to the tank after one to many and did not notice untill the morning,

tried to wipe it off but its stuck on rock solid :S

ahh well.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Real nice dio nice winter camo on the king and the figures look top as well as Patrick said my first dio didn't look half as good keep up the to work look forward to seein your nxt dio on here

Geegad

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks good. That snow stuff is very realistic,I turned my central heating back on after just looking at it :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Kieran thats a cracking diorama, and for a first attempt you wouldn't not know it, very well done and looking forward to your next build

First Name
Aaron
Wicked king and what a beast it is, i like the fearlessness of applying snow to such a wonderful kit.

The tree is outstanding.

One thing is that maybe spending a few minutes scraping the flash seams of the figures really makes for a nicer finish

Top job Kierin id be proud of that beast for my second tank. Keep at it your doing great!