ww2 aircraft

W

wjt424

hey guys,

does anyone know how and what to use to get that cable line on a ww2 plane that runs from the antenna to the tail fin? any help is great.

thanks

will

G

greycap

\ said:
hey guys,does anyone know how and what to use to get that cable line on a ww2 plane that runs from the antenna to the tail fin? any help is great.

thanks

will
you could try streched sprue.which is the scrap plastic'trees'from the kit heated and then stretched.

or the best option is the very fine elastic used in knitting. aeroclub sell a version of it. fix with super glue.

regards.

greycap.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Iuse fishing line (nylon monofilament). Attach the ends with superglue, you don't have to have it tight. When dry I run a hottish knife blade beneath it to tighten it up. Not to hot and not to close or you'll be starting again! It's easy with a bit of practice. For 1/48 I use 2Kg test line.

Good luck

Steve

W

wjt424

\ said:
Iuse fishing line (nylon monofilament). Attach the ends with superglue, you don't have to have it tight. When dry I run a hottish knife blade beneath it to tighten it up. Not to hot and not to close or you'll be starting again! It's easy with a bit of practice. For 1/48 I use 2Kg test line.Good luck

Steve
thats a great idea steve, thanks

W

wjt424

\ said:
you could try streched sprue.which is the scrap plastic'trees'from the kit heated and then stretched.or the best option is the very fine elastic used in knitting. aeroclub sell a version of it. fix with super glue.

regards.

greycap.
thanks the elastic sounds the best for me cuz my grandmother is a knitter haha!