WW2 Minesweepers - AUK Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IainM

Does anyone out there have either plans or, better still, a model of an WW2 AUK Class sweeper - built in the USA under LeaseLend.

In UK they were classed as Fleet Sweepers and designated 'RAVEN Class' I believe.

They are quite distinctive, having two stacks.

The grandfather of an acquaintance in the US served aboard one of these and this stirred my interest. Something a bit different to the cnvention Flowers.

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Iain,

The only minesweepers I can find in Lenton &Colledge's book on second world war allied ships state, as you rightly said, that the Americans built thirty-two Fleet Minesweepers for us. Only name I can come up with at the moment is HMS Chamois.

However, a good source of plans for US ships is :

http://www.floatingdrydock.com/

Can I suggest you give them a try?

Not sure but I think they are now able to accept funds in UK Stirling but you would have to ask first.

Sorry not to be more help,

Regards

Chris

I

IainM

Thanks for that Chris.

I followed up using www.battleship-cruisers.co.uk and discovered that these were the Catherine Class. Chamois was there, along with a number of others. Some pikkies but .....

Ta muchly

R

robert

Iain.

I too have been loking for plans, The Floating Drydock only have general arrangement STB side and some plan views of AM57 approved for british AM17-21

Same sort of drawings for HMS Chance from NMM I think, they were also known as Raven Class modifications BAM, AM57, AUK, Catherine.

There are a number of sites and pictures of the US ships look up USS SKILL.

and for a list of ships built look up http://www.coltoncompany.com/shipbldg/ussbldrs/wwii/boatbuilders/minesweepers/am.htm

I also would like hull lines for any of these classes as they all are the or would appear to be the same.

Last edited:
I

IainM

Hi folks,

I'll keep in touch about this issue. Anything I glean, I'll post.

I have a set of GA plans scanned from paper originals but they are of such poor quality ..

Ah well ... ever hopeful.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks folks

I

IainM

AUK Class Sweepers

Hi Neville,

I have tried posting the four GA's I have but they are tooooo big!

If you let me have your email address I can send them. You can reach me at iainmoffatt@blueyonder.co.uk

Quality is poor and text not entirely readable but .....

Status
Not open for further replies.