xf-11

I

itsa_ss

im am looking for a model of an xf-11, around 144 scale, anybody know of any place were i coulf find one? thanks

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Itsa,

How about a 1/72 scale resin model of the hughes XF 11? I found one here at this link, the website is in the UK. http://www.lonewulfmodels.co.uk/sub_category.php?c_id=21&sc_id=22# Now the link above is the listing for "anigrand models", the specific listing for the XF 11 allows you to see details of the kit here: http://www.lonewulfmodels.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=21&sc_id=22&p_id=871 and below is a photo of the kits contents:

871_l.jpg

The cost of this 1/72 resin kit is £ 39.00 . I hope this helps.

Have a good day,

Greg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Now that looks like a nice resin kit Greg.

I

itsa_ss

i am looking for the hughes xf-11 and that is it, but i have never worked with resin, can anyone tell me how it works?

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Taylor,

Resin kits such as this one are fairly easy, you may have to remove excess "flash" (resin material) from around the parts, but this can be done with a hobby knife, rotory tool or something simple like a file if the excess plastic is not too thick.

As for glueing, well, depending on the type of resin, you might use super glue (cyno acrylate esther) or some other type glue.

The glue is really not a problem, the biggest part of the work is removing the excess material from the parts.

Painting can be done just like any other model and filler can also be used if needed.

Maybe Barry will reply again with some tips for you.

Have a good day,

Greg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Taylor,just think of resin as another medium to work with,the parts come much the same as in a conventional plastic kit except they have a much more chunkier and solid feel about them,the most important thing to remember is that the parts need cleaning before assembly,the reason behind this is that during the moulding curing process the obtain a slippery feel about them,sometimes this is due to a release agent placed into the simple moulds.

To clean use a bit of baby shampoo in lukewarm water,use a tea strainer to hold the smaller parts and do not flush them down the sink !

It is doubtfu whether the XF-11 will ever be produced as a conventional plastic kit so make the very most of these types of kit which provide the basis to build a model of this exciting subject.

Most of the models are produced in a cottage industry style by real enthusiasts and the sale of the kits just about covers the cost of the mould making and initial plug,in other words they are time and labour consuming.

I

itsa_ss

thanks greg and barry, i think im going to try to build this kit.