Yak-141 'Freestyle'; Art Model 1:72

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
blood, sweat and tears model but it's finally finished. Expect full build review in one of the future Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine issues.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic build Seb , a fascinating aircraft , only 2 made. The principal ideas regarding the lift jets in front and a rotating single nozzle at the rear are the same as the f35b lightning , but this aircraft was about 15 years before. Looking forward to seeing the build in the mag , cheers tony

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Thanks Tony! Actually there were 4 made, but only two of those were flying prototypes... I saw one (75) at Monino museum near Moscow a few years ago.

C

CDW

That's brilliant Seb, Can see why you get to be included in magazines.

I understand Tony's waggly nozzles and lift jets info (quite impressed with myself there:smiling3:)

What's the flap thing for just behind the cockpit ? Is it an airbrake thingy?

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
thanks Colin

just behind the cockpit were located two vertically mounted lift engines - that flap thing is intake cover for them which opens when the aircraft is in VTOL mode.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one. You've managed to get some life into a single colour scheme, not always an easy thing to do.

F

Fishpot11

Great build on a rare subject!

How these art model are?

I saw they Also make mig 23 P And YE 152?

Cheers

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
They are short run kits which means a little bit more of elbow grease and patience than usual, but can be built to a nice looking models.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful build Seb, truly terrific. The single colour can make for a dull looking lump but you have got superb highlights and hints of colour from decals and paint that just enliven this build. Totally terrific.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Thank you blubottle, eddiesolo and Alex!