Yamaha YZR-M1 & McLaren MP4/5B finnished

R

Richy C

Slowly starting to finnish some kits for a change , the YZR was a dream to make and a great learning curve the McLaren was a bit more challenging being nearly 20 yrs old with fit issues etc , both kits were bought cheap of ebay to find my feet before I start a few bike and car/F1 projects when the GB has finnished

apart from the fag decals on the mclaren both kits were out of the box builds

any comments good or bad are always welcome

Cheers

Richy

View attachment 18540View attachment 18538View attachment 18539View attachment 18537View attachment 18542View attachment 18541

View attachment 26158

View attachment 26159

View attachment 26160

View attachment 26161

View attachment 26162

View attachment 26163

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

T

treyzx10r

nicely done! Clean builds and great detail work on the Yamaha front brakes!!!

P

Plastickitbasher

Great work on both.

Did you make your own bases or did you buy them?

Regards

David

F

Fenlander

Gorgeous finish, very clean builds which these need to be. Great work, the bar just gets higher on Bikes and Cars Richy and you are the one pushing that bar upwards. Hard act to follow but inspired to try.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
superb work richy! flawless finish on the paintwork , 5 star job ! cheers tony

R

Richy C

Thankyou Gents your comments are much appritiated

David bases are home made mate with good old 6mm mdf

Graham I think we all inspire each other mate your Honda and blackbird inspired me for sure

cheers guys

Richy

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The quality of kits some of you guys put together is amazing. Another two beauties here Richy!

If things go on like this I think I'll end up sitting at the other end of Graham's bench - only I'll be writing my crosswords and not knitting. All that K1, P2 repetition would remind me far too much of individual track links!

Gern

B

bikerbart

Richy mate.....two cracking builds my friend. As you know i love me bikes especially, and you have created a class build with the Yamaha. Really like the bases as well, finishes em off a treat mate, hopefully you will do some more bikes cause i think you have em licked buddy....5 Stars for sure :smiling:

R

Richy C

Martin I`m sure you have might have seen this before on one of my previous threads , but this is next on the cards after the GB , these bikes are addictive , just hope I can do it it justice with the CF and PE and fork kit , I loved doing the YZR and working with 1/12 scale , might just blogg this one not sure yet ?

cheers

Richy

View attachment 18585

View attachment 26194

IMG_4158.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They are exeptional! Briliant paint/decal work and overall two very clean builds!

Ian M

B

bikerbart

Richy...blog it mate, please. You are MORE than capable of doing this one justice buddy, go for it, will make an awsome blog :smiling:

G

garethm

Excellent work mate, very very nice, the bases really display them well, simple yet effective. Well done. Gareth.

M

mark stonham

Hi mate great models im just getting in to building these bike and hope i can get the finnish like yours