Yea (Australia) Festival Boat Display RC

M

magpie

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

I can't believe where you sail your boats, the pond that mine have to contend with is of a somewhat murkier consistency.

I guess though that brown water does look more realistic when you are sailing your old coastal steamer around and more natural than being able to see the bottom.

It must be great fun though to be able to see your U-boat below the surface as well as on the top.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Jason,what great pictures to record this event,and what lovely models,it seems strange seeing these models in such clear sparkling water ! thank you.

M

magpie

Thanks Guys.

It's also wierd sailing them in such clear water. It feels like the boat's hovering in mid air or something. I don't often sail there though. Only for the festival. Our lake is very muddy too!

Jason

R

rjwood_uk

i love that sail boat jason...strange question..does the little man move with the rudder as if he is stearing it?

love the u-boat aslo, is that a VIIC?

M

magpie

Thanks rj!

He does when I hook up the rudder-shaft connection. I built it with the model tiller post right over the actual one and a tube connection to turn the rudder. I now leave it off to lessen the load on the servo as it's a bit stiff with the steering rod going through a tube through the cockpit. My later magpies have a shallower cockpit and the rod goes underneath.

I don't think any question is strange. I ask some "unusual "ones myself at times. (Often!) BTW I only hobby build them and made the moulds for fun.

Jason

Last edited:
M

magpie

Jason' date='what great pictures to record this event,and what lovely models,it seems strange seeing these models in such clear sparkling water ! thank you.[/quote']Thank you for your thank you!!!

Jason

B

Bunkerbarge

The model is the Robbe U-47 kit and the U-47 was a Type VII B.

S

Sid

hi friend
that's great

RC Boat. it has a unique style.

Regards

Sid