zvesda?

First Name
rob
was just wondering if anybody has any experience with this manufacturer. quite like their 1.350 warships but unsure whether to commit.. looks like theres a reasonable choice of after market add ons though......cheers folks

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ive done a zvezda armoured car.......not tamiya quality but ive done worse as well, i remember looking at a ship kit and thought it looked better moulded than the armoured car

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Rob, have heard good and bad regarding Zvezda...no 's' lol. They do 'snap-fit' models normally in a 1/72 scale, they are also big in 1/144 scale civilian airliners-have heard that some kits can be a bit flimsy but the overall aircraft designs are a good fit and look the part, most of their military items look okay-ish quality too. As for their ships not had one so can only comment on what I know.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This maybe of help Rob: http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_deeppockets&task=catContShow&cat=21&id=1794&Itemid=35

First Name
rob
cheers paul and si. thanks for that link si, that was the ship that caught my eye. looks like a long build but i like the end result so i think thats my question answered!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
cheers paul and si. thanks for that link si, that was the ship that caught my eye. looks like a long build but i like the end result so i think thats my question answered!
Glad I could help mate, look forward to seeing you build this as it does look a good interesting subject.

First Name
rob
could be a while yet si, finishing off uss cole at the mo, then my fishing tackle shop dio, then another hms daring, then my keith moon dio. by the way......these are my good ladies strict instructions. weve only a small place and ive got too many unfinished models balancing on too many windowsills!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You could end up like Alan and be knocking them off with bits flying in all directions...better get building then as I think this build could be one of your best.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I've only looked at and bought one of their kits. It's the 1/48 Bf109 F2 and is considered as one of the most accurate kits around. I'm starting to look at other kits of theirs now

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
My experiences of Zvezda are an aircraft build (tu 160 blackjack) and a kit in the stash (sukhoi t 50), The build was very well detailed and went together faultlessly and the kit ive got in the stash looks like it will be the same. Their recent aircraft kit releases have been very favourably received by the reviewers , so I dont think the ships and armour should be too different. hope this helps , cheers tony

First Name
Adrian
I built a Zvezda 1:48th LA-5, for a cheap kit I was impressed with the detail on the engine and gun ports so much so I left the panels off showing the workings.

Adrian