1/16 Cossack Figure

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Many thanks for looking in.

Steve - I think the characterful head will make all the difference to the figure - the kit head was a bit zombie-like. My daughter's OK so far, but we've decided that if she gets worse, we'll have to go and get her, as Katherine has to work next week. Katherine's self isolation/infectious period is over, so armed with her NHS ID she should get through.

A bit of touching up to the insignia, then on to the jacket today. Must also remember to make the cross-belt.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice one Carruthers.Thought this head was one of the best V.P did in the range.I remember when his 1st 120mm Superscale came our,German officer Eastern front.I was hooked and for a fair while i bought every new one as they came out!!,I remember the Luftwaffe pilot,U.boat man and u.s pilot had hands like shovels and dainty feet!

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard - You must have spent a fortune! I still really like Verlinden figures, despite their occasional anatomical oddities.

I've now painted the top half:

100_6881.JPG100_6880.JPG

I used Vallejo German Uniform as a base for the jacket - it's a bit greener than their Field Grey and lovely to paint with. I made the cross belt from paper and wire, and, as I don't have any Russian medals, I decided to paint on a medal ribbon bar and give him a German combat award to compliment his 2nd class Iron Cross ribbon.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This looks like a fine head for a Verlinden, Peter. Nice combination of head body and boots. Pose looks natural. Take care.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you approve Richard. Thanks for looking in.

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Hi Peter,
Hope you feel ok - your work is always brilliant and this one does not dissappoint - If I can get anywhere near to your standard I will be a happy chappy !

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Cheers.

Nick - Many thanks for your kind words. Slightly less CV ridden today.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter we hope your daughter and little one are ok. Very worrying times esp for anyone with asthma. I self isolated 3 weeks ago, and plan to stay this way for as long as it takes.

Great modelling, your ability to mix and match Is a real bonus .

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The German Green looks really good as an alternative to field grey, great recommendation

The Sam Brown is cracking too.

You have really changed the poor original to what is looking like a front of cabinet finish, well done.

Any update from Lewes? are they both OK?

Hopefully so, but we totally understand your worries and concerns, a houseful would be quite like old times?

All the best to all the patients and a rapid recovery, you too.

Looks like a bright day ahead and the Saharan hot spell might have arrived?

If so, its off to the garage and getting the air brush out, spending some time in the garage will be a real tonic for both of us:smiling5:

I can't believe it will be Easter next weekend, that has snuck up on us with all the ""other"" distractions!

Have a good day painting and hopefully positive news too

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Good to hear that you're staying safe. Glad you like the figure.

Jason - Needless to say, the character is all in the sculpt.

Steve - Morning. I've managed to persuade Katherine not to go to Lewes. She was planning to go and stay with Emily, but we reasoned that, in the absence of testing for the NHS in this area, we couldn't be sure if she'd had the virus, or if she had, might be susceptible to an extra dose, the thing that is killing so many doctors. She was also due back at work next week after isolation, so it's best not to risk it. Lewes is only an hour and a half away if Emily gets worse. All very stressful.

Beautiful weather indeed. It's hard to imagine there's anything wrong with the world, when the sun's shining and the blossom's coming out. Have a good day with the AB.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wow! He's had a tough life. Looks like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Superb work my friend. Stay safe

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow a good one Pierre.Love the look of this buddy.Got the old little grey cells going and food for thought for the future.Ive got to venture out in a bit to get fodder in for us and fur babies.
Wish you and family a speedy recovery chum
Pip pip onk onk.
Richard.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Glad you're feeling a bit better. Family worries at this time just add to the stress.
Ivan the cossack is coming on a treat - well up to your usual very high standards.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Many thanks. Bowed, but proud....

Richard - Some Cossack busts would be good (hint, hint). Felling a bit better today thanks.

Jim - We'll cope - my daughter in Lewes is holding her own. Glad you like our chap here - should get him finished today.

D

Deleted member 6559

One Cossack in German service:

100_6882.JPG100_6883.JPG100_6884.JPG100_6885.JPG

I started today by painting the legs, with the trousers in cavalry blue with a red stripe. I next painted the sword and made and added the straps - I was able to pass one strap through the left hand, which better explains the pose. I got glue all over the Tokarez holster, so I had to swap it for a pre-painted German one. The tasselled sword strap is from a Miniart figure (they have their uses!), and the spurs were made from wire.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent job Peter. Definitely a front of cabinet result.

John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I really like him. Something a bit different and a face with real character.
Jim