1/35 British Scimitar AFV Club Iraq War build

I

IanTheWelder

just completed this cracking kit, from AFV Club, of the British CVR (T) FV107 Scimitar., painted with Tamiya acrylics, and valejo acrylics. Airbrushed, dark green, then airbrushed with desert yellow,ang chips were done with a combination of paint and scraping off the top layer of paint with a modeling knife.

a great kit, that gives a superb weathered finish. Gulf war Iraq, finish.

extra stowage added, from accurate armour. The orange Identification sheet, is made of tissue paper, soaked in glue, and painted with a mixture of tamiya and valejo acrylics, the dry brushed, to simulate dust.

this is only my second ever build after coming back to the hobby, after 30 - odd years.

regards to the forum,

Ian

P1120247.JPG

P1120252.JPG

P1120253.JPG

P1120254.JPG

P1120255.JPG

First Name
Robert
This is a cracking model Ian and looks very authentically painted too and to say the gap in your time for building you've definatly not lost any skills.

Really well done there and love the chipping and weathering effects

Regards

Robert

W

Weeman0000

That is very good, iv got the same one i done a while ago sitting on the table waiting for a better weathering. Love the tarp :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
extremely nice!!

one id love to get myself

F

Fenlander

Really like this and it is one of those vehicles I have always had a soft spot for but have never built a kit of one, something to be rectified I think. Great build and thanks for the inspiration.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work on this one,do like the chipping nd weathering,very well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Shows what I know about armour, I thought it was a plane (mind you I know even less about planes) so I was pleasantly surprised, what a great build (I don't know if it's accurate or not) but I do know it's been well built, congrats.

W

Weeman0000

I liked building mine but i tend to go for larger mbt's ect, or old WW2 heavies... this is about the same size as a humvee and about as tall as one, its crazy. It is a scout but still. Id hate to crew one of them :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Love it!

Lee :smiling3:

I

IanTheWelder

thanks a lot for all the great comments, much appreciated.

@ Fenlander (Graham) yes, its a great kit, no problems with the build, at all, from the kit, - the barrel is metal, and the exhaust cover is PE.

@Weeman0000 yes, i like the big tanks too, but love the gulf war British stuff, even these smaller ones, they played a big roll in Iraq and Afghanistan,

i like to do them justice if i can :smiling3:

@monica thanks a lot.

@beowulf - get one then, you know you want to :smiling3:

regards, all,

ian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Fantastic work, looks superb!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thats a great build :D and nice to see someone who has done their research well, gun barrel with recoil section unpainted ;) . You see a lot of warior/ Scimitars, etc where they are brilliant builds and well weathered but have a fully painted barrel. :mad: