1/35 Hobbyboss BA10 Russian Armoured Car Mr T Memorial Build.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening, having fished the T34 up to paint stage I decided to get this started.
2020.jpg

I normally struggle with the subframes, too many small parts. As I managed that 88 Gun and that had its fair share of small parts which I managed I thought why not. A start has been made, of course its going to be slow as each section need the dry fully so I can wrangle it into shape. The saving grace is that as its being pulled of of the river if the chassis is twisted it doesn't matter. ( Ever thought why I like wreaks :smiling3:)

There will of course be pewter again and some PE but why they include a sheet for a BA3 along with the BA10 I don't understand. :confused:

2020_9.jpg
More to lose maybe:smiling3:

The sprues.

2020_7.jpg
Will use those resin wheels if they fit.

2020_10.jpg

Notice the snapped part on the left, pressed a little too hard waiting for the glue to take.

2020_11.jpg
Left to dry overnight, more tomorrow.

Thanks for looking in, comment welcome.
Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2020_8.jpg
    2020_8.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You're well used to tiny parts and PE now so this will be a walk in the park.
I do like these armoured cars. The whole BA series are interesting. You're right to let things properly dry before going on. Impatience doesn't go well with these fiddly, many parts kits.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
You're well used to tiny parts and PE now so this will be a walk in the park.
I do like these armoured cars. The whole BA series are interesting. You're right to let things properly dry before going on. Impatience doesn't go well with these fiddly, many parts kits.
Jim
Thanks Jim , I learnt that before trying to get the whole of the chassis done in one hit ! :disappointed:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John seated by Jim. Very interesting build

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'Salright Jim, I'm sure the old "Hairy Stick" Master will sort her out! Question JR, is the BA10 built up on the GAZ chassis or is it on a Zis. 6 Chassis?..........just curious, coming on nicely so far. Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,
Nearly missed this but it’s on my radar now! I like the look of these armoured cars, maybe I’ll grab one myself, once I’ve cleared a few from the stash that is :smiling5:

Hope the chassis plays nicely for you :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I will follow along John, that looks to be a nice kit.

Andy.
Welcome Andy, it would be a nice kit in some hands ! More later .

99s - quite a handful then :tongue-out3:
Jim, cold shower for you ! :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.

'Salright Jim, I'm sure the old "Hairy Stick" Master will sort her out! Question JR, is the BA10 built up on the GAZ chassis or is it on a Zis. 6 Chassis?..........just curious, coming on nicely so far. Rick H.
Built on an improved Gaz-AAA chassis Rick. Used by the Russians until 1945.

Morning John,
Nearly missed this but it’s on my radar now! I like the look of these armoured cars, maybe I’ll grab one myself, once I’ve cleared a few from the stash that is :smiling5:

Hope the chassis plays nicely for you :thumb2:
Hi Si, I'm not playing well with the chassis at tall ! More later. You'd have no problem I'm sure .

What a funky Bus..... I love it!! :thumb2:
I shall take a Pew as well if you don`t mind Mr.Race:smiling:,
Andy
Hi my friend, your always welcome Andy .

Looks a nice kit John. Hope it is going together okay. Keep up the great work my friend
Ha Steve it would be in the right hands !

Hi John, it's an odd looking beast of an armoured car, my usual seat please.
Right Graeme, your in, could you pass the biscuits please.

Try as I may there is something about these Hobby Boss Kits that I just don't like, one is the plastic colour and it's dislike of Tamiya thin. Now it's probably me disliking the colour because I struggle to see the small parts, esp those clip things that go around the shaft from the diffs. They come in two parts one with large blobs on for the spring hanger to go into, also a cross shaped part that fits into the middle of the spring assy. Try as I can I just can't get them the right way , most disheartening and trying to get the chassis built and square has always been hard on the BA 3, 6 and now this.
This time I have to admit defeat of the front axle part, engine , and suspension. .:cold-sweat: Modelling should be a challenge but when it reaches a stage of none enjoyment it time to stop !
So leaving all the bits I can't tackle I glued the floor plate on, (this would be a better way of dealing with the chassis twisting, but fitting the engine would be harder )
Built up the insides as best I can, the instructions at this point as far as I understand make no sense at tall, just showing the top going on is useless, no mention of how of where it fits.
The side wheel mud guards are on, resin wheels ready , turrett built ! That was easy , now comes the reason for no front section, it's going to be sawn off !

I've not taken any photos, but will after the sawing begins. Feel beaten by a few pieces of plastic on this one :cold-sweat:.

Dzhon .

First Name
Andy
Sorry to hear of your problems John, even more sorry as I have a Hobbyboss Gaz AAA kit under my bench.:anguished: However, as yours is going to be severely modified I am sure it will be fine and I look forward to your progress reports.

Andy.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Sorry to hear your defeat I’ve been there as well as others I get when building feels like job more that a enjoyment of the Hobby

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to hear of your problems John, even more sorry as I have a Hobbyboss Gaz AAA kit under my bench.:anguished: However, as yours is going to be severely modified I am sure it will be fine and I look forward to your progress reports.

Andy.
Thanks Andy, don't think there is much wrong with the kit, it the builder !

John. Sorry to hear your defeat I’ve been there as well as others I get when building feels like job more that a enjoyment of the Hobby
Very true Lee, by the time I'm finished all will look well. Appreciate your post .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Chin up Mr. Race you have given a valiant effort. Pushing on to the next phase will soon clear your head.
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chin up Mr. Race you have given a valiant effort. Pushing on to the next phase will soon clear your head.
Rick H.
Yes Rick, to day was spent painting the base for the 88 gun, much more fun .