1/35 Israeli Defence Force M60 A1 'Blazer'..

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been watching this from the start and I have to say you have done a great job all round. 
And we get a diorama as well. Nice!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The tank looks the business, I'm drooling with anticipation for the dio...... :x

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps,

It'll only be a straight forward sort of backdrop for the tank. But it will be interesting, as I've not built / damaged this sort of construction before - the closest was that WW2 Kwajalein Atoll diorama I did a while ago.... 

Cheers,

Ron

J

John Rixon

The tank weathering is spot on, and the colour looks the business too, as for the dio, we all know how that's going to work out!!! Can't wait to see this finished. Am on my first dio as we speak, dipping my toes in gently with a Flak 36 in the desert. Have a lot to learn from folks like you Ron!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the wash has real ,picked up the detail,well,like the hollow  bricks,as a cheap way to build,

this is looking good so far,Ron, :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Have a lot to learn from folks like you Ron!

God'll love you for that, Brother John!

But keep in mind, we all learn from each other on here. That's what makes this Forum so special - sharing.

Good luck with your own creation too. 

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Monica, our posts crossed.

Glad you like the first few steps of the building buildings!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I sense another masterpiece Ron ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful job on the tank Ron. And what looks like another great diorama in the making.

Very cool

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jim, Paul and Stuart. Thanks ever so much for your nice comments. 

O.K., the M60-A1 'Blazer' is complete....I think!

Built OOB, a nice kit to build. Apparently It has some inaccuracies, but as I just build for fun, such things don't interest me. What I see in the box is what gets built!

Brush painted with Humbrol Enamels throughout. Simply weathered here and there with one coat of enamel paint, slightly darker than the main colour, thinned with turps. substitute (Tight a**e!) Then sprinkled with polyfilla powder and the excess blown off with a bike pump.Then a bit of work with a pencil.

The pennant / flag is a bit of toilet tissue. The antennas are elecky wire. The hawsers are thick sewing cotton. The rope coils and tie downs are thin cotton.

The clobber is the Tamiya accessories pack. The tank had a crew of four, so I've crammed on four of everything, plus some extras. These might not be 'era accurate' but I'm not bothered, as they look nice.....

Here is the finished model. I hope you approve.....

P1160275.JPG

P1160278.JPG

P1160276.JPG

P1160279.JPG

P1160280.JPG

P1160281.JPG

P1160282.JPG

P1160283.JPG

P1160285.JPG

P1160284.JPG

P1160287.JPG

P1160289.JPG

P1160291.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John Huggins

Outstanding build Ron, love all the work gone into this one to make it just that much better.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great job on the baggage, I was tempted to say "she got junk in da trunk".   One thing though, being in a desert I would have thunk a bit more dust on the 'soft' things as it don't half cling to things like bags and bed rolls.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps. Great comments.

Ian, just you wait until the finished diorama........Dust? I'll give you dust!...... :P

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It's getting very confusing and complicated for me building a diorama on my ' Completed' tank thread, so I'm going to separate them.

I've left one building picture, but I'm going to start a diorama build on it's own, asap.

Cheers all,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: