1/35 RMF Tiger I 1943 Eastern Front

P

phikoleoputra

Update from the workbench  :smiling3:

Interior pretty much done and I decided to make it as a cutaway. I don't know about the exterior color, it doesn't feel right. I followed the instructions though (need inputs). Next is weathering and finishing. Comment and critics are always welcomed. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

dubster72

I like how you've done the cutaway Leo. I might have taken a bit from the side of the turret too.

The thing about Dunkelgelb is that in reality it was a very greenish yellow, so what you have there is pretty accurate.

However, most model makers interpret it differently which often leads to a more yellow shade & one that's lighter than the authentic colour.

Paint colours generally darken in hue from gloss/matt coats and weathering. So it can be helpful to start with lighter shades at the beginning, even if this goes contrary to the colour callout.

Adding some yellow to the colour you're using for the base coat & spraying that in the centre of panels would both add depth & contrast.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice work Leo. The cutaway works really well and shows that lovely interior off nicely.

With regards to the colour, it doesn't look like dunkelgelb to me but more like either: Africa khakibraun RAL 7008; or Africa Grunbraun RAL 8000. These colours were applied to s.Pz Abt 501 Tigers in Tunisia, late 1942.

Do you know what colour you're replicating is it Dunkelgelb RAL 7028?

Hope this helps

Cheers
Paul

P

phikoleoputra

Very nice work Leo. The cutaway works really well and shows that lovely interior off nicely.

With regards to the colour, it doesn't look like dunkelgelb to me but more like either: Africa khakibraun RAL 7008; or Africa Grunbraun RAL 8000. These colours were applied to s.Pz Abt 501 Tigers in Tunisia, late 1942.

Do you know what colour you're replicating is it Dunkelgelb RAL 7028?

Hope this helps

Cheers
Paul

The instructions said the exterior color is RAL6011B Resedagrun. I read in other build review that this particular color is used after 1943. Heck, I nver build a WW2 tank before  :/ . Thanks for the heads up Paul, much appreciated

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Like the cut away idea at least that way you get to see all the gubbins 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Very nice work Leo. The cutaway works really well and shows that great interior off nicely,as would

of been such a big shame not to see it,maybe a little more on the turret  showing more,would be nice,

I think you have ,the right color info,so will not add to that,looking stunning so far real liking it, :D